Xcode 11 beta 4 crashes on startup all time

After update the Xcode 11 to beta 4, I can't to start it. All time I try it chases.

I am using Catalina beta 4 in my MacBook Pro 15.

Ssomeone knows what do I have to do?

Accepted Reply

Replies

This happens to me too.

If I create a new project or open an old one I get the spinning ball.

I am able to create a new playground though

Same here. My simulator has also gone missing so I can no longer get beta 3 to work correctly.

Do you get a stack trace/crash report? When I try to start on a MacBook (clean install of Mojave) I get this;

Application Specific Information:
ProductBuildVersion: 11M374r
ASSERTION FAILURE in /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IDEFrameworks/IDEFrameworks-14897.4/IDEFoundation/Initialization/IDEInitialization.m:790
Details:  dlhandle is NULL. dylibPath: /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/usr/lib/libMainThreadChecker.dylib
Function: void _IDEInitializeMainThreadChecker()
Thread:   {number = 1, name = main}
Hints:   

Backtrace:
  0   -[IDEAssertionHandler handleFailureInFunction:fileName:lineNumber:assertionSignature:messageFormat:arguments:] (in IDEKit)
  1   _DVTAssertionHandler (in DVTFoundation)
  2   _DVTAssertionFailureHandler (in DVTFoundation)
  3   _IDEInitializeMainThreadChecker (in IDEFoundation)
  4   IDEInitialize (in IDEFoundation)
  5   -[IDEApplicationController applicationWillFinishLaunching:] (in IDEKit)
  6   __CFNOTIFICATIONCENTER_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_AN_OBSERVER__ (in CoreFoundation)
  7   ___CFXRegistrationPost_block_invoke (in CoreFoundation)
  8   _CFXRegistrationPost (in CoreFoundation)
  9   ___CFXNotificationPost_block_invoke (in CoreFoundation)
 10   -[_CFXNotificationRegistrar find:object:observer:enumerator:] (in CoreFoundation)
 11   _CFXNotificationPost (in CoreFoundation)
 12   -[NSNotificationCenter postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] (in Foundation)
 13   -[NSNotificationCenter(DVTNSNotificationCenterAdditions_MRR) _dvt_postNotificationName:object:userInfo:] (in DVTFoundation)
 14   -[NSApplication finishLaunching] (in AppKit)
 15   -[DVTApplication finishLaunching] (in DVTKit)
 16   -[NSApplication run] (in AppKit)
 17   NSApplicationMain (in AppKit)
 18   main (in Xcode)
 19   start (in libdyld.dylib)

abort() called\

Application Specific Signatures:
dlhandle != ((void*)0)

To be clear, this is on start. There is no project; there's no history. It runs just fine on another machine, a MacBook Pro.

check the Project is not in the iCloud Drive (when yes start Xcode and wait maybe 8-10min to load the last Project success ,and close Project in Xcode ) next try to start Xcode with a new Project and it works. There is a Problem with Project (files) on iCloud Drive move the files to local disk (Download folder ) and start the Project again.Have this same strange behavior too on Xcode 11beta3 .. But on last update this is fixed i think have not tested

Yes, the same with me.

crash disappeared after I upgraded macOS. you can try

In XCode 11 beta4 Release notes:

SwiftUI

Known Issues

With Xcode 11 beta 4, previews are only available on macOS Catalina 10.15 beta 4, and only Xcode 11 beta 4 supports previews on macOS Catalina 10.15 beta 4. (52059562)

the same with me.

MacOS 10.15 beta 4

Xcode 11 beta 4

MacBook Pro 2013 Late

To answer my own question... I installed beta 3, then uncompressed beta 4 and copied it on top of b3. I can now run Xcode. It's possible that there's a mising file in the download, but I’ve not been able to reproduce the problem again now that I have it working.

This is the problem with my crashes / hangs with Xcode beta 5.

My project files worked fine for beta 1, 3 & 4 (I skipped 2) when in ~/Documents which is on iCloud Drive.

Then in beta 5 they wouldn't open until I put the project file in ~/Downloads.

Yeah XCode 11 beta 5 just hangs randomly sometimes when using my app. It is really unbelieveable how a billion company like apple makes a ****** ide like xcode. They keep 'improving' on dumb ideas like comment formatting they introduced in xcode 11. They should just make the ide more realiable and faster. even a simple renaming doesn't work in xcode. intellij is like a million times as good as xcode, never got any problems with it.

Don't forget you are using a beta. Crashes like this is certainly regrettable, but a beta is done to discover this. Stable version is 10.3. Release of 11 is probably a couple of monthes away, may be 3 or more other beta.

Don't forget sending a bug report.

If you having trouble moving your project to your non synced downloads directory (with finder) Try this with the working directory being your project on your icloud drive. cp -a ./. ~/Downloads

How can I get that old version.... Xcode 11 beta 3?

Go here (if you have a developer account)

https://developer.apple.com/download/more/