iOS 13 beta 6 won't pair with earlier watchOS 6 beta

I know that Apple posted that you can't pair a watch with a beta earlier than 2, but I didn't see this when I updated my phone to iOS 13 beta 6. My watch wasn't syncing with my phone this morning after the update so I did a factory reset on it and now I can't sync it with any phone, including one running beta 6 as well as one on 12.4. Any ideas or should I ask the Genius Bar to bring it down to an older OS? Currently my phone is on beta 6 and my watch is probably on beta 1 or whatever happens when you do a reset. Thanks!

Accepted Reply

It can be easily solved in some basic steps without restoring anything neither watch or iDevice (Sorry for my simple English)

1. Download iOS 13 beta 5 from the internet (just type in google and you sure find something)

2. Choose your phone on the website and wait for download

3. Connect your phone and open iTunes

4. Once you are in your iDevice menu hit the update button BUT hold alt (In case of Windows CTRL) and then click it.

5. Choose downloaded file of iOS.

6. Wait for update to complete

7. Connect to your Apple watch and update them to newest software

And Voila! You're done and fully functional

Reason why is this still working is because Apple is still signing older betas and that's why you can still install it on your iPhone.

Have a nice day!

Replies

Apple will fix your watch if you call them. They sent me a box to mail mine in to take it back to the previous version.

This happend to me as well. I contacted Apple. The first day they said it was beta and nothing they could do but I saw online that others were being allowed to mail their watch in to have the previous version put back on the watch. I called them back the next day and told them this and they sent me a box to have them fix it. Just send it back and your issue will be resolved.

same problem here 😟

I am probably going to wait for the production release of ios 13 which usually gets released with new iphones in mid september. I will have to use some other watch until then.

Just tested with beta 7. Issue still remains. Not sure what to do.

Have anybody found a solution?

Yes. So I was on iOS 13.5 and my watch was on 6.1. When my phone updated overnight to 13.6 my watch stopped syncing as well. Went through all the steps on line and finally decided to just erase and start new. After that my watch would not pair at all. Called Apple multiple times and finally got someone on the phone willing to create A service repair for me. Sent it in this past Monday when I got a box and got the watch back today. The software was back to 5.3. Called into Apple to make sure my watch would work correctly when pairing and syncing. Of course Apple told me no and not to do it. Got home paired the watch with my phone still on iOS 13.6. That’s important because it says in the update for 13.7 if you do not update your watch to 6.2 you will not be able to pair back with your phone once you’re on iOS 13.7. So installed beta profile from my watch for 6.2 and downloaded it. When I knew the watch fine and once I knew it was on there and syncing with my phone, I updated my phone To iOS 13.7 beta and everything works again. It literally takes about three days to send your watch in and get it back. Don’t delay because you are not going to find a fix. Good luck everyone.

If you went to 13.7 before updating your watch to 6.2 you need to send it in. I responded below with how I got mine working. Good luck.

This doesn’t help because the watch won’t pair to the iPhone if you updateD the phone first.

what a crack, man! you totally nailed it. THANKS!

this works perfectly as apple is still signing all beta versions of ios13. just reverted back to 13b5, updated my watch to 6b7 and updated my phone again to 13b7. now everything works fine again.

Just use the .ipsw file for reinstalling via itunes (not the OTA version, but the base version (3.xGB in size).

for beta 5 the buildstring is 17A5547d, google will know what you are looking for....

Hi everyone, I fixed the issue. I found a download of the beta 5 ipsw on a website called ipod hacks 142. Make sure you BACKUP your phone first, you may have to reset to get the watch app working smoothly as I had to. Then everything should be fine. Let me know if you have questions!

Worked for me. Thanks a lot for the advice!

I have downloaded beat 5 but itubes does nothing when i try to install it... i restored to ios 12

I downgrade my iPhone 6s to 12.4 and the same nothing happends. Still unpairing or tell me (cant pair)