Push notifications not working on macOS Catalyst app

After switching my bundle identifier from the one automatically generated for a Catalyst app to the bundle ID of an existing Mac app, I am no longer receiving remote push notifications.

The app shows that it is registered for notifications. The topic on the server is set to the correct bundle ID (the bundle ID Of the existing Mac app). I’ve tried with a JWT token and with Mac push certificates.

The response from the server returns 200 “sent”, but I’m not receiving the notification on my device.

Has anyone gotten push notifications working with a Catalyst app not using the auto-generated bundle ID? Any ideas on stuff I could try to get this working?

Replies

To follow up on this, the push notifications were working the whole time - I realized something was wrong when local notifications weren't appearing either, so when I rebooted all the notifications (local and push) were in notification center. So something is definitely messed up with the display of notifications, but at least it has nothing to do with my app!

I may have spoken too soon on this, as I'm not receiving delegate callbacks to app delegate telling me the notification has been received - so I'm wondering if the notifications are being delivered to the old bundle ID rather than the current version of the app.

Rather I should say that the delegate callbacks to userNotificationCenter:willPresentNotification are *rarely* called. I just got one, but 10 other notifications didn't go to the callback.

And now I'm back to not getting any push notifications at all.

Did you ever get this working?