El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Thanks for the fix lembacon!

Totaly broken

Thanks a million!

Thank you very much! This worked. You're an MVP. How in the world did you find this workaround?

Apple has just released new Xcode Beta 5, claims ot have fixed this issue:

Xcode 7 beta 5 resolves issues with building iOS projects and running the iOS simulator on OS X El Capitan beta 6. (22089926)

I have not tested this yet (downloading now).

Does xcode 7 b5 fixes this? (Just released)

Yep, xcode 7 b5 fixed it.

Xcode 7 beta 5 has been released and it fixes the error 😀

This worked for me. I have B6 of 10.11. Restarted Xcode 6.4 and all was good, thank you!

Thanks that helped alot.

This works for XCode 6.4 also. Thanks lembacon, O the 😎 wise one!

FYI: His solution is on page 6 or 7.

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

many thanks lembacon!

After applying this solution, I was still unable to view XIBs, with Xcode eventually unhanging with an error message. Looking in Console, com.apple.CoreSimulator.CoreSimulatorService was repeatedly crashing with this error:

dyld: in dlopen()
/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/iOS 7.1.simruntime/Contents/Resources/RuntimeRoot/usr/lib/system/host/liblaunch_sim.dylib

I ended up having to delete all the simruntime bundles from from /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes/ and now things are working again albeit just with the iOS9 simulator.