When trying to view my storyboard in Xcode 11 beta 4 it takes forever to load with "An internal error has occurred editing functionality may be limited" when it does finally load, if it even loads

I recently downloaded the 4th beta of Xcode to start testing my apps with. So I started with my newest project that had been loading just fine, but now everytime I goto my main storyboard it eathier does not load and the loading symbol just stays there, or it loads and I get the error "An internal error has occurred editing functionality may be limited." When it does load though however, some (the number varys depending on the time) or all of the view controllers are completly black or cannot be edited. And if they are edited, it freezes Xcode and nothing gets saved. I am able to however open a new project and that storyboard loads just fine. What would be a possible fix or solution to this problem?

I have also tried

• Restarting my Mac
  • Cleaning the project
  • Deleting the Derived Data
  • Reinstalling the Beta
  • Installing the Beta Command Line tools (I never got a promt and thought that maybe why I was getting this)
  • Googling for other ideas too

Hopfully that helps too knowing what I have done. At this point I am thinking it maybe a problem with my project not Xcode but I am not sure becouse when I run the app it works and interacts just fine, so it is only the interface builder in Xcode.

Replies

>What would be a possible fix or solution to this problem?

It's a beta...usual fix for things like this is to wait for the release version - feel free to file bugs via the feedback system and thanks for helping test.

In the mean time, create a new project using Xcode's Single View template and see if the issue persists. Also, confirm your mac has maximum physical ram and several tens GB free space.

Also, see this SO thread for discussion on that error:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46585044/xcode-9-storyboard-an-internal-error-occurred-editing-functionality-may-be-lim

You're not the only one to have this problem:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/120066

I am glad I am not the only one and I actally happened to see that thread shortly after posting my question and I have been monitoring it too.

I actally found what was casusing the Interface Builder not to load with any storyboard in Xcode. I do not know excatly what it is but I narrowed it down to that, it was a viewcontroller causing this problem not directly the Beta. I do not know what in the views controllers are causing this bug at least one viewcontroller in every project of mine has something in it that causes this to happen. There for when I found this out, I tried removing the viewcontroller that showed up completly blacked out when the Interface Builder did actally load, so this seems to fix it, but what would it be in these viewcontrollers that cause the problem of it not loading the entire storyboard?
I think it also somewhat still has to do with the beta becouse before Beta 4 I never had this problem but Beta 4 and later I do, with any project. So, what would be the next suggested thing I should do, becouse I am not really sure? I can, if needed, show pictures of what I mean by "completly blacked out" or anything else if desired too and along with clarification.

> I can, if needed...

Actually, you can't. Inline images are not allowed here - see FAQ 1&2 here:For Best Results - Read the Label

The only sulotion I could find is to downgrade to xCode 11 beta 2 (link to download) that doesn't have this annoying issue.

Hope that they would solve this before the last realese.

Deintegrating pods using:

https://github.com/CocoaPods/cocoapods-deintegrate

solved SB loading issue for me