MacBook Pro freezing after inactivity

After updating to macOS 10.15 beta 4 on my MacBook Pro Early 2015, if I leave my computer inactivate for about 5-10 minutes the computer completely freezes. There is not feedback of any key presses, the track pad doesn't "click", etc. I have to force a reboot but I am not recieving any log files to figure out what's happening. Is anyone else experiencing this or figured out how to prevent this?

• Hi. Well, I just began experiencing this as of two weeks ago. Strangely, my MacBook pro was not doing this up until I got it back from an apple fix. I turned it to have the battery replaced. They contacted to offer to fix some "function" thing. So, I agreed. I got it back in 8 days. Well, my MacBook didn't come back the same. Now it freezes after idle just like yours. I too, loose feedback, pad becomes locked and no buttons work. In order to solve issue I have to keep rebooting. Sad thing is I don't know if the apple fix caused this or is it just a coincidence or something that happens once a MacBook reaches a certain age. You know what I mean. All I know is that I need help. Anybody have any advice? ?

Add a Comment

Replies

Same thing of my MacBook Air (Early 2015).

Same here on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

My macbook pro does the same thing. It even happends with the lid closed

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Interesting it seems to be happening only with 2015 machines (at least based off of the responses). It is also happening when the lid is closed on mine as well. Does any have any idea how to stop it or generate a log so we can report it?

I think I found what it is related too. It seems to only happen when my MacBook Pro is connected to a power source.

• For me its' the opposite. Only a power source can bring it back after reboot so it won't freeze. Without the power cord, after reboot the computer freezes again.

Add a Comment

How often do you logout but not shut down your MacBook Pro?

Yesterday i logged out of my MBP then after 20 minnuets i logged back in and now i dont have the freezing anymore

I have the same issue going on when the screen saver activates either through testing or automatic, and if I leave the macbook with no activity. This requires the system to be forced to power cycle.

My computer is the following : MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Now the freezes are back. I was hopping that was the fix :-(

Macbook Pro model A1502. mine has also suddenly started **** this i thougt it was just on safari as ive gone back to it from chrome but its also done it on mail and outlook .

Complete freeze, no buttons can work, have to restart whole computer. very very annoying.

This has also happened to me on my MBP mid 2015.

Has anyone managed to find a solution as i am unable to roll back to Mojave.

My Mac is also doing the same thing, after several tests, I found out, the problem is in power management. I always use my mac with an external screen, so the image goes to the screen you need to turn on the source. I set the mac aside with the lid down but not closed and pulled the cable from the power supply. It's not crashing anymore !!!! The worst is in my IOS13 I can no longer use the APP Personnalite, it opens and closes, now to pay bills I have to go to the bank huahuahuuhauhauhauhuhauhauhauhahuhuaO meu Mac tambem esta acontecendo a mesma coisa, depois de varias testes , consegui descobrir, o problema esta no gerenciamento de energia.

Eu sempre uso o meu mac com uma tela externa, para a iamgem ir para a tela vc precisa ligar a fonte. deixei o mac de lado com a tampa abaixada mas nao fechada e tirei o cabo da fonte.

não esta mais travando!!!!

O Pior esta no meu IOS13 que nao consigo mais usar o APP do Personnalite, ele abre e fecha, agora para pagar contas tenho que ir no banco huahuahuuhauhauhauhuhauhauhauhahuhua

Similar issue. macbook Pro 2017 Catalina beta 4. Randomly locks up with no apparent ause or pattern, possibly associated with safari but im not sure. Feedback submitted.

Exact same thing here. I have a 2015 12" Macbook. As of beta 4 them computer freezes at 10 minutes of inactivity. I timed it.

Also, the computer becomes noticeably hot above the keyboard where the MacBook's mainboard is located after the freeze. During normal use its only slightly warm.

I submitted a report via Feedback Assistant.

Jim

Has anyone heard anything about this as of yet? I still see the problem with putting the computer to sleep and then waiting for the authentication notice or if the screen saver goes active then you cannot login or see the login prompt as the screen saver does not halt.

This seems to be working.. I use the 27" Apple Cinema Display connected to my 2015 MacBook Air. As long as I unplug the power from the wall to the computer.... seems ok.... or sometimes I unplug the display from the computer and keep the power to the computer plugged in if it is getting low on battery. Thank you.