Apple Developer Program account under investigation

So I recently submitted my app for app store review and they rejected it with the following message in resolution center :

We are unable to continue this app’s review because your Apple Developer Program account is currently under investigation for not following the App Store Review Guidelines’ Developer Code of Conduct.

Common practices that may lead to an investigation include, but are not limited to:

• Inaccurately describing an app or service

• Misleading app content

• Engaging in inauthentic ratings and reviews manipulation

• Providing misleading customer support responses

• Providing misleading responses in Resolution Center

• Engaging in misleading purchasing or bait-and-switch schemes

• Engaging in other dishonest or fraudulent activity within or outside of the app

During our investigation, we will not review any apps you submit. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center.We do not require any additional information from you at this time, nor do we have any additional details to share. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation.

Best regards,

App Store Review

Its been 10 days and I havent heard from Apple. I tried to submit an appeal asking why i was put under investigation.None of my other has been on sale for more than 6 months because I took them down as I was busy. All they said was that i should remain patient and that tehy will let me know in resolution center.

If anyone else has faced this issue then please let me know how it goes. This is getting very troublesome.

If you in a condition similar to mine then please keep this thread updated I'll keep this post updated with whatever replies I get from apple.

Replies

I contacted Apple about my investigation and mentioned that I saw on the forums that it could be a bug... got the same generic reply everyone else on this thread has. Personally I’m terrified to try it.

I'm in the same boat. My developer account has been "under investigation" for more than two months without any reason. There is no way to contact the investigation team via iTunes Connect and the only thing that Apple Support states is that I will be contacted as soon as they need information.

I released about 4 versions of app via TestFlight. This all went correctly. I then submitted the latest TestFlight version for release to the App Store. Then my account got the "under investigation" status.

I have got the "under investigation" message today. I also tested my app through Testflight. My app is simple and has no relation with fraud. Android version has been downloaded 10000+ from Google Play Store.

If I have to wait too long, I will give up to develop IOS apps. Number of iPhone users is small so focusing on Android app development will be more beneficial for me.

i've the same problem. For last 4 days, my developer account is under investigation now.

What should i do now? any suggestions?

i've received a message from apple...

We are unable to continue this app’s review because your Apple Developer Program account is currently under investigation for not following the App Store Review Guidelines’ Developer Code of Conduct.

Common practices that may lead to an investigation include, but are not limited to:

- Inaccurately describing an app or service

- Misleading app content

- Engaging in inauthentic ratings and reviews manipulation

- Providing misleading customer support responses

- Providing misleading responses in Resolution Center

- Engaging in misleading purchasing or bait-and-switch schemes

- Engaging in other dishonest or fraudulent activity within or outside of the app

During our investigation, we will not review any apps you submit. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center.

We do not require any additional information from you at this time, nor do we have any additional details to share. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation.

3 months have just passed and still under investigation...

Latest update Finally. My investigation is done. It has taken 3 whole months... Now I just feel like... 🙄🙄🙄 for each month

Currently losing my 2 months of the subscription, I did not even have a chance of publishing 1 app, got the investigation after the first review.

Great apple!

Did they let you publish the app in the end?

I tried it, but new app rejected because "your account is under investigation" too((

Yes

My investigation is done. After waiting for three months (2019.05.08~2019.08.13), I finally received the message!

Ordeal !

Was 3 months for us as well. In case it helps others, timeline was as follows:

• Submitted our first ever App (universal binary, simple utility, free but with an in-app purchase to unlock full functionality)
  • Received the standard "Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed" message that most seem to have received
  • Responded immediately
  • 5 days later we were notified that our account was under investigation
  • We repeatedly tried (and failed) to appeal or just make contact with someone that could give us some hint as to what was going on
  • 3 months to the day after the original 2.1 we were informed that our account was no longer under investigation

No explanation. No justification. Just 3 months lost revenue. They didn't find any issue as there was no issue to find. It can't have taken more than 1 hour to establish that.

Access to the App Store needs to be extremely tightly controlled - the quality of the App Store marketplace is why most of us want to be on it.

However this amounts to extremely shoddy treatment of developers, in my view.

Hi, Were you able to tranfer apps to new account? Or did they just rejected your app tranfer request?

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:18 AM

From Apple

Hello,
- Inaccurately describing an app or service
- Misleading app content
- Engaging in inauthentic ratings and reviews manipulation
- Providing misleading customer support responses
- Providing misleading responses in Resolution Center
- Engaging in misleading purchasing or bait-and-switch schemes
- Engaging in other dishonest or fraudulent activity within or outside of the app
During our investigation, we will not review any apps you submit. Once we have completed our investigation, we will notify you via Resolution Center. Due to the nature of the investigation you will be ineligible to receive an expedited review until the investigation is completed.
We do not require any additional information from you at this time, nor do we have any additional details to share. We appreciate your continued patience during our investigation.
Best regards,
App Store Review
---
I got the same too, thats so long time for waiting the information.

Why apple didn't reply back 😟

Guys, i am wrote open letter to Apple https://github.com/glushchenko/fsnotes/issues/695 Please share and repost it