Unable to Check for Update

watchOS 6 beta 4

Getting the error "Unable to Check for Update An error occured while checking for a software update."

running iPhone Xs and a Series 4 watch.

<edit>

One thing to note is that when the watchOS 6 b4 is installed it does not ask where you would like it installed and also does not force the reboot when installed. All prior watchOS updates required the user to pick install location as well as reboot the watch.

Accepted Reply

There is a workaround people are talking about in reddit and macrumors:

1) delete beta profile

2) restart Apple watch

3) reinstall beta profile

4) restart Apple watch

5) look for software update

It has worked for many. I had to do it twice, but it finally worked.

Replies

Tried the fix above many times....no luck

Did a hard reset and the update worked right away Thank you!!

Hallelujah! Thanks!

Thanks, this worked for me. I had deleted the old profile and re-installed, but the order of reboots appears to be the key.

The fix worked for me. iPhone XS Plus on iOS 13 beta 4. Removing and reinstalling the watch beta profile worked.

Works for me, iPhone X , AW 4

same for me, Hard Reset (press both Buttons a few Seconds) did the Trick.....

Thanks.

Thank you, this worked for me.

This worked for me thank you, it’s been annoying me all night, after installing the profile back onto the watch I rebooted both the watch and the phone again and then searched using the watch and it’s worked.

This works for me also, after: 1 - delete profile from Apple Watch 2 - turn off and on Apple Watch 3 - install profile from developer account 4 - turn off and on Apple Watch 5 - search for update in General/Settings Apple Watch (first try didn’t work) 6 - press “try again” 7 - new update beta 4 8 - press install and continued on iPhone Apple iPhone XS Max / Apple Watch GPS + Cellular series 4

Join the club :-(

I try this solution but no success

🙏 worked in third attempt.

Worked for me. 🙂 (XS Max, AW4)

is this really the case, that I need to try it several times?

Until now it's not working for me.

Without profile no update available, with profile the error message.

I tried already 3 times....

What also does work is resetting the network setting.