Unable to Check for Update

watchOS 6 beta 4

Getting the error "Unable to Check for Update An error occured while checking for a software update."

running iPhone Xs and a Series 4 watch.

<edit>

One thing to note is that when the watchOS 6 b4 is installed it does not ask where you would like it installed and also does not force the reboot when installed. All prior watchOS updates required the user to pick install location as well as reboot the watch.

Accepted Reply

There is a workaround people are talking about in reddit and macrumors:

1) delete beta profile

2) restart Apple watch

3) reinstall beta profile

4) restart Apple watch

5) look for software update

It has worked for many. I had to do it twice, but it finally worked.

Replies

Still happening for me at 4:30 EDST!

Same issue here.
I wish I stumbled across this thread prior to unpairing my watch and doing that whole dance...
At least we can all take comfort in knowing that it isn't our fault or our devices -- it's an Apple thing. Hopefully Apple pushes something to resolve this issue. Keep your eyes peeled!

Same here!

C‘mon Apple, do something :-)

Same here. Having no luck since 2 pm although the iOS 13.4 beta did work. I did that first in hopes for smooth sailing on the watch but despite multiple attempts to download profile (successfully) cannot find the update. Hopefully resolve is coming. I did provide info to the feedback app as did others.

There is a workaround people are talking about in reddit and macrumors:

1) delete beta profile

2) restart Apple watch

3) reinstall beta profile

4) restart Apple watch

5) look for software update

It has worked for many. I had to do it twice, but it finally worked.

** Update. While this solution didn't work for me personally, another method did by installing the beta profile directly through the iPhone using Safari. I had been Airdropping the profile previously and that didn't seem to be working. See my full post further down the thread. **
Thanks @kcft for sharing your suggestion.
Unfortunately, this hasn't worked for me. I started with this during my own troubleshooting, then unpaired my watch, loaded the profile back on, and the same issue. Even so, I attempted your suggestion a few times after all of that and i'm still receiving the same error.
I'm glad it worked for you, though. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Thank you, this worked for me.

Worked for me as well

This worked for me!

This work for me too after doing this three times! Many thanks

I got it to work at 5:45pm Eastern Time on 07/17/2019
Solution that worked for me:

- Remove the WatchOS beta profile

- Restart the Watch

- Download and Install the beta profile by browsing to developer.apple.com on your iPhone with Safari that your Watch is connected to

- Restart the Watch

- Install the update 😀

What I had been trying prior to that:
- I usually log in via my Macbook and then Airdrop or otherwise share the profile with my iOS device. There might be some kind of descrepency between installing the profile via an Airdrop transfer vs direclty on the iPhone through Safari. I haven't had issues doing it this way before, but today it worked immediately after browsing to the website and downloading the profile directly through the iPhone and Safari.

I hope this helps someone else install the update! Good luck.

This worked for me on the second try.

During the second attempt I did this process.

Remove the profile via the watch.

Reboot.

Checked for updates via both watch and iPhone.

Got the no new updates message.

Reinstalled the profile via iPhone.

Reboot.

Checked for update via watch and it show beta 4 avaiable

Installed update via iPhone.

I'm using iPhone 8 Plus with Watch 4.

Re-installin the beta profile worked for me on the 1st try 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing this work around. It took 4 more attempts but success at 6:08 pm edt