notarization throws error

This thread has been locked by a moderator.

On using notarization from command line on Mojave 10.14.5 as below:

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "" -u "***" -p "***" -f "***.zip"

The following error is observed :

To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

Currenlty latest XCode 10.2.1 is being used despite of that this error is observed. I am able to successfully login to developer account and itunesconnect account which does not display any contracts/agreements.

What could be missing?

Up vote post of ncel
26k views

Accepted Reply

OK, I finally manage to come up with a definitive process for resolving this problem. See Error 1048 When Notarising.

To avoid further confusion, I’m going to lock this thread and mark this answer as correct [1]. If you experience the 1048 error and can’t resolve it using the process described in my new post, please feel free to start a new thread with the Notarization tag.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Specifically, this post subsumes all the advice I’ve posted earlier on this thread.

Replies

I think I got what is going wrong here.

Just as spartan1 here, the team I am trying to use is part of the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.

As such they don't have access to the Paid Apps agreement.

Any news on this?

I don't know did you guys change anything, but suddenly the notarization started working for me today using exactly the same commands.

I've been away on vacation but now back and trying to get a major release through. Previously the Notary Service was working just fine, but now I'm seeing the same issues reported here.

Reported as FB6579666

I too have this issue, and am a member of multiple teams, some with unsigned contracts.

FB6612806

-- this posting was sent by email to Mr. Quinn, too
Dear Mr. Quinn,

According to your wish in this thread: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/116570

I have to report that I am not able no notarize my command line program:

Both

xcrun altool --notarize-app -t osx -f ez.login.eas.mac --primary-bundle-id com.myApp.RobertWelz -u welz.willi@gmail.com -p PASSWORD -itc_provider ThinPrintGmbH --output-format xml

And

xcrun altool --notarize-app -t osx -f ez.login.eas.mac --primary-bundle-id com.myApp.RobertWelz -u welz.willi@gmail.com -p PASSWORD -itc_provider 5RYB389N6F --output-format xml

give the same error:

Package Summary:
1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
/var/folders/63/6z6xxym95jl9jm126g961whc0000gn/T/675243A5-B864-48AF-ADE9-FB17C045D6D0/Untitled.itmsp - Error Messages:
To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

It used to work a few weeks ago, so me and my colleagues have verified that there are no contracts/agreements to sign at iTunes Connect.

Can you help?

kind regards,
Robert Welz

Softwaredeveloper

Berlin, Germany

Robert Welz | Software Development ThinPrint

ThinPrint GmbH | Alt-Moabit 91 a/b | 10559 Berlin | Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)30 394931-0 | Fax: +49 (0)30 394931-99

www.thinprint.com | robert.welz@thinprint.com

Hi Quinn,

I'm still having this issue. The enterpise accounts don't have an option Banking and Tax agreements. Iike everyone else it was working fine then stopped.

Thank you,
Jeff

Hello,

Has there been any news? If you have an Enterpise account there is no option to enter Tax Agreements and Banking information. It seems accepting those agreements might have fixed the issue for some, but what about if those agreements are not applicable to your account type?

Thank you,

Jeff

Hello Francois,

Did you get a resolution? I think I am in the same situation.

Thanks,

Jeff

Notarization is still not working for me. Even I am using Enterprise account with no agreements to accept as mentioned. Has anyone got it working using enterprise account? If so what steps to follow.

I eventually got this working for me by leaving other teams that have been long dormant and triggering emails to the account holders needing to update their agreements.

I’ve been helping a bunch of different folks with the To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048) error. So far I’ve uncovered three different potential causes:

• Contracts (A) — This is the ‘obvious’ cause of this problem, one that I discussed above in point 1 of my 1 Jun post, above.

• Multiple teams and Xcode (B) — If you’re submitting via Xcode, be aware that there is currently a bug whereby, if you’re a member of multiple teams, it selects the ‘wrong’ team and trigger this problem (r. 52206810).

To check whether you’re experiencing this specific problem, try submitting using

altool
    from the command line (per Customizing the Notarization Workflow). If that works and Xcode fails, you know that you fall into this category.

Note You don’t need to notarise your main app to run this test. Rather, use

altool
    to notarise a trivial test app and see whether that works.

We’re hoping to resolve this issue sooner rather than later but, for the moment, you can work around it by submitting with

altool
  • Enterprise teams (C) — There’s an ongoing problem that causes this error for In-House (Enterprise) teams. If you’re working in an Enterprise team and you’ve ruled out A and B, you should file a bug per the instructions in point 2 of my 1 Jun post (unless you’ve already done so).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'm on an Enterprise team and have the error as well. Bug Report: FB6823719

Hello,

I have this error as well. Bug Report: FB6823326

Hello,

I have this error as well. Bug Report: FB7355105