Does Xcode 11 Beta 3 run on macOS 10.14.5? Is so, how do I get it to download?

I'd like to try out Xcode 11 Beta 3. I am running macOS 10.14.5. I thought it was possible to download the beta and run it on this version of macOS. But when I try to down the beta from here:

https://developer.apple.com/download/

The browser just takes me to a page that displays "Your Apple ID Status" and then tells me that my "Country" is "On file", and my "Email Addres" is "Verified", and my "Mobiel Phone Number" is "Verified, and "Two-factor Authentication" is "Enabled". But nothing downloads.

What am I missing?

Replies

From the b3 release notes:

-=-

Overview

Xcode 11 includes SDKs for iOS 13, macOS Catalina 10.15, watchOS 6, and tvOS 13. Xcode 11 supports on-device debugging for iOS 8 and later, tvOS 9 and later, and watchOS 2 and later. Xcode 11 requires a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later.

-=-

I've run it on 10.14.5, BTW

No idea why you're not being offered the download... What country are you in? Have you already enrolled in any of the beta programs? Are you using Safari?

I'm confused, tho, that you said "just takes me to a page that displays <someText>...", but then claim "nothing downloads", as if the page showed the blue download button, but it didn't work when you clicked on it... A detail, but, one I'd prefer less contradictory, if possible, thanks.

I'm got the same problem trying to download Xcode 13 RC. I'm in the US, have a developer account, and just downloaded Xcode 13 beta 5 last week and have been using it fine. But I get the same cryptic web page when clicking on the Xcode 13 RC download link. I think this is a mistake and should be telling you that you need to be running macOS 12.X, but it doesn't say that. Here's what the description says:

To continue developing apps for macOS Monterey, use Xcode 13 beta 5.

But this seems wrong. I believe it should read "To continue developing apps for macOS Big Sur, use Xcode 13 beta 5." Even though the text looks wrong, it's a clue that the requirements have changed. The release notes say "Xcode 13 RC requires a Mac running macOS 11.3 or later." but I believe this is also wrong (likely a copy-paste error that didn't get changed from he previous release notes).

IIRC, the final version of an Xcode beta release schedule ("RC") does typically require the new, soon-to-be-released version, so it would make sense for a RC to require macOS 12.X.

Xcode 13 Beta-5 has actually been stable for me though, so I'll just continue using it for now.