Can I publish different builds in certain countries (App Store) with same bundle ID.

Can I upload different .ipa files for one APP in Apple APP store?

So that people in different countries can download different .ipa files.

For example: When people in USA download this APP, they will get app-usa.ipa;

When people other than usa country download this APP, they will get app-other-country.ipa; ...

Both are the different build versions of a same APP.

I went through the upload process in iTunes Connect, and didn't find a way to achieve this.

So is it possible to distribute different .ipa files in different countries? Thank you!

Replies

No. You'll have to make your app aware of what country it's in and take the approriate action.

So you mean to say, i have to maintain in the app country based access. right ?
Or i can create two app, one for USA with bundle ID for eg. test.usa.app1 & second is test.world.app1. Then i'll launched.

Yeah, I think either one of those would work (but if you do two apps they have to have slightly different names).

Ignoring that using same bundleID, and using/not using same name/same app are different things, and, talking about the store, then test apps are two different distribution schemes, the main thing with those 'goals'... you're not talking about one app. You can only have one version of an app, with one bundleID, in the store at a time (wildcards excluded).

It might help clear some of your (otherwise not clear to me) points, if, when asking 'can I do x', you also always mentioned why. That, and what the app does, thanks.

If this is just about different countries seeing localized/language versions of the same app, then you should employ localization and stick to one app.

If we submits our new app as an update to the current app on the app store. We can select the serviced countries we wish to receive the new update of the new app, however, all other countries will lose access to the old app (can't continue to use the old app).
Am i right? where as current users in the serviced countries would be migrated and would receive the app as an update.

If you take an existing app off-sale in a given store, It's the same for a new app as it is for an update...no one using that store can download it.

> will lose access to the old app (can't continue to use the old app).

Access to an update, and using the app they already have, are two different unrelated things. Taking an app off-sale doesn't affect existing users who will still be able to continue using the old app.