DSYMs No Longer Offered for Download?

Hi,

In February I was able to upload bitcode IPA files via application loader. Once uploaded, a short time afterwards, on ItunesConnect - if I went to Activity > App Build > Under General Information, Includes Symbols - there would be a link called 'Download dSYMs' to download my DSYMs.

Now in March - any new bitcode IPAs I upload, no longer have the download DSYMs link offered.

I've even tried reuploading an old project from Feb that generated DSYMs on ItunesConnect previously (but reuploaded it with a new build number) - but even that still fails to give a Download DSYM link.

Has this functionallity been removed from iTunesConnect?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ZizuSoft Down vote post of ZizuSoft
64k views

Replies

I run into similar issue. The "Download dSYM" link does not appear in some builds.

I also just ran into this issue. I uploaded a build with Bitcode enabled on March 27th and there is no "Download dSYM" link in App Store Connect for the build although App Store Connect does say the build included symbols. Very frustrating as I am now unable to symbolicate any crashes from this version of my app.

I also ran into the same issue, the thing is, just a few hours ago on the 29th of March, I uploaded another build which had little changes, and that had DSYMs download link. This is pretty bad as am not able to symbolicate crash reports on fabric/firebase

My team has been running into this the last couple weeks as well. It seems to arise when we've already submitted a build for a particular App Store version, and are now submitting a new build for the same version.

Hey,

I have the same issue. Do you use any form of obfuscating in your app? I suspected that maybe our tool that we upgraded recently did make it, but I have no data to verify it. Maybe you solved this issue somehow?

I also have the same issue - nothing has changed about our Fastlane build process, but recent builds aren't showing up with the download dSYM link in ASC. We have started signing and uploading multiple builds for the same binary (with different build numbers for TestFlight vs. App Store release) - a previous poster mentioned something similar. Could that be the problem?

We have a similar issue, although this is the first time we have uploaded a new version of our app with bitcode enabled. In our case, the App Store Connect page showing the build info where the download dSYMs link should be, shows under "Includes Symbols": NO, and there is no link. We've also tried to download the dSYM files using the Xcode v10.2.1 Organizer, but it reports "No dSYMs were found for Version...". We uploaded it with the checkboxes set to recompile for bitcode and include dSYMs.

We ended up filing a support request with Apple on this, and they responded that the issue is resolved by building with Xcode 10.2. It is referenced in the release notes:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_10_2_release_notes

Unfortunately our latest build, built with Xcode 10.2.1, still doesn't have a download dSYM link.

Hi. I get same issue after migrate to Xcode 10.2.1 (10E1001) and starting use SWIFT v5.

I'm facing the same problem. Any news?

any update on this? Firebase and Crashlytics expect a dSYM file that does not exist. I've tried all combinations of 'strip' 'dont strip' and 'upload... to receive symbolicated...' and not checking 'upload... to receive symbolicated' when distributing my application to itunes from Xcode.

yes, DWARF with DSYM is turned on in my build settings.

Also the "download debug symbols" that appears in Xcode under Window > Organizer > Archives does not find any Dsym locally - which I can confirm by right-clicking the build, saying 'show in finder', then right clicking my abc.xcarchive and saying 'show package contents' the folder that says 'dSYMs' is always empty.

Yes, I have also tried disabled 'bitcode', so that there should be no 'app thinning' related issues.

Yes, I am using the absolute latest version of Xcode: ersion 11.1 (11A1027)

Hi all,

Not sure about other people, however this is now resoved for me (nothing I did).

I am still facing the issue.

I have bit code enabled along with dwarf with dsym still I could not find the dsyms.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Same situation here. All archives built with dSYM/DWARF and in our case no bitcode. Yes, I know we can retrieve it from the local archive file when no Bitcode is used.

The Download dSYM link is available to me under General Information, Includes Symbols. I have DWARF with DSYM and Bitcode enabled in my app's build settings.
  • Do you mean appstoreconnect -> my apps -> choose app -> app store -> general -> app information? there is no link Download dSYM

Add a Comment