Unable to configure Mail Account to Exchange

I origionally had Exchange working, but then messages stopped arriving. So I delete Exchange and attempted to create a new Exchange connection (which worked prior). But, I could not get past the configuration page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

jc

Replies

I have an office 365 account with exchange and was also experiencing the problem of "Unable to verify account name or password". It would be worth adding that I also have two factor authentiction enabled for all users on the domain.

None of the solutions on this page worked.

I did manage to get the account set up by using an 'application specific password' which I created from here

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx

Everything works as expected in Mail, Calendar and Outlook 2016.

Hope this helps even a few people get over this hurdle.

Having exactly same problem. Any fix ? I did all what I could do but I cannot write mails neither can exchage retrieve my mails. Funniest thing is it doesnt even tell me what the problem is. I only know because I recive all mail on my Iphone but they dont appear in my Mail on Mac.

How do I go about fixing this on step by step bases on my Mac ASAP as I need Mails to work?

<rant>This thread is a perfect example of this Apple Developer Forum's biggest problem: someone reports an issue, followed by a litany of posts that report the same problem, and ending with no actual solution. Folks, once the issue is reported, there is absolutely no marginal benefit to affirming that you, too, have the problem. It just adds to the noise and clutter. If you don't have *new* information or a potential solution, please don't post a "me too".

</rant>

September, 3rd El Capitan Beta 6 — still no solution

Mail, Calendar, Jabber, etc. linked to Exchange account don't work.

When enering username - write your email address - examle me@apple.com and add your password

Then exchange mail works again

I may have a workaround.

I too was unable to add my office 365 account back in to internet accounts on El Capitan.

The following did work thoough:

After it fails initially, you are presented with the option to select username and email address separately:

I set my email address to my office 365 primary address as normal ... eg john@mydomain.com

I set the username to john@jmydomain.onmicrosoft.com

Obviously substitute john and mydomain with your actual username and domain.

I hope this works for someone.

I'm running the GM Candidate and I found that opening mail and starting a new message, my Exchange account wasn't available as a "From" address. But when I'm actually in a folder on that account (i.e. the Exhange inbox, but not the combined iCloud/Exchange inbox), if I start a new email, the Exchange account is an option to send from and it does actually work now.

I too have this problem.

Here is how I solve it, following some instrunctions here:

Enter a very basic information when adding a Exchange account (not even a valid email)

Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/6axTnVo.png

It will open the fields so you can fill your server information (which seems to be the cause of the errors, since OSX is not resolving it properly)

http://i.imgur.com/zEKvp2x.png

No i got it working

I also have the problem of being unable to setup and Exchange account on Mac OS running El Capitan and Yosemite, however it auto-configures fine on my iOS devices. The tip by CCS, above, solved my problem. I just had to configure a new Exchange account using DOMAIN\Username as the username when setting up the account. Everything then automatically configured itself and it works fine.

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I have the problems on my MacBook Pro with BigSur. From beginning it was working fine, but then started problems with synchronising and later with connection and then the Mail App removed it self from the accounts and I'm not able to add it again. On my iPhone this account work without any issues.

Please can you help me what can I do and how can I add that account again to my Mail App?