Can't login to App Store under Catalina

The App Store app is logged out, and logging in with the correct credentials spins for a moment then leaves the app without being logged in.

As of now I'm suspecting a filesystem issue, perhaps permissioning, as I've seen other things that might point that way.

Anyone else seeing this?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

All preference panes requiring authentication fail for me, so the solution of logging out of iCloud through Preferences didn't work for me.

What did work was logging out of the Music app, logging back into the Music app, then logging into App Store.

Hope this (or the Preferences variant) helps others.

• This worked for me as well in February 2022. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

Add a Comment

Replies

I have same problem, nothing helped so far ....

I am still having this problem even after updating to Beta 3.

Same here, The posted solution has not worked for me on either of my computers running beta 3.

Same here. Latest build did not fix it. I has previously reported this error to dev and today I let them know that the problem is still there.

I am still having the problem under the latest build as well. Signing out of my account in the Music app seems to allow me to log in in the App store, and then I can log back in within the Music app. However, every time I reboot I end up logged out of the app store just the same and have to repeat the process which is very aggravating. I too have reported to dev.

Similar, I try to log out from Apple Store Account, then from Music, the from iCloud, finaliy sign in again all account. I can sign in but I can not download apps from Apple Store.

None of these work-arounds helped me solve my problem. I can't sign into the store to update apps. I can sign in with someone else's account, but not mine. If I give the wrong password, though, it knows. But if I give the right name and password, it won't show me signed in or allow me to update apps. Tricks like logging in and out of iTunes do not help. I can log into iCloud and appleid.apple.com through Safari and in all ways on other devices. Fortunately, I can get and run the software update for the operating system. I keep hoping a new update to the beta will resolve the problem.

Same problem here.

10.15 Beta (19A512f) didn't change anything.

This solved it. Thanks!

Hello

it finally worked for me to leave the account of mac itunes, appstore and finally in system preferences.

Then I restarted on mac and opened again in system preferences. I entered my Apple ID this time with @ icloud.com because I was using @ mac.com, I do not know if it will be important. Then I opened apps store and I entered the ID of apple and password and I have already been able to download my applications.

I have not yet entered my ID into iTunes until you download all my appstore apps

I have same problem with not being able to login to App Store. Signed out on everything I could find, and logged back in with no change... still doesn't work.

Finally I got it working as expected.

My steps to get back to normal:

1. logged out of App Store
  2. logged out of Music App
  3. logged out of Apple-ID in Settings
  4. shutdown my mac and powered it on again
  5. checked Settings: I was still logged in with my Apple-ID but somehow only "partially"
  6. logged out of Apple-ID in Settings again
  7. again shutdown and power on
  8. and – because I was again logged in "partially" the same procedure a third time
  9. after the third time logging on to macOS my Apple-ID was completely gone from the system
  10. I was able to loggin with my Apple-ID under Settings
  11. And I was able to loggin to the App Store
  12. Even then did I have a few issues updating apps but after a reboot app downloads and updates are working as expected

I was finally able to log in to the App Store. This is how I did it:

1) Logged in to App Store using a friend's credentials (It actualy logged in without a glitch)

2) Logged out from App Store

3) Logged in to App Store using my own credentials (It worked!!)

After that I had to rennter my apple id pasword in Systems Preferences but that was it. All working now.

I hope it helps!

Same. I can log in to the App sotre with my iCloud ID but not with the other AppleID which I use for iTunes and App Store.

Tried your solution of loggin in with iCloud Id which worked, then logging out and trying my other ID again but this did not work for me.

Still can't sign in to the account which is actually linked to all of my purchases

This solution worked for me, but steps are not that easy as it sounds... untying Apple device from icloud is complicaed relationship, especially in Catalina.