Cisco AnyConnect broken on Catalina

Cisco AnyConnect is broken on Catalina. Throws up "The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established." error. Using version 4.7 of Cisco AnyConnect. Worked fine before upgrade to Catalina.

Replies

What is the any-connect client version you are using?

it's 32bit application and Catalina only support 64bit...

Related discussion in cisco forum: https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn-and-anyconnect/macos-catalina-10-15-support/m-p/3878816

MacOS Catalina Beta 3 with Cisco AnyConenct 4.7.01076 works fine for me without any issue.

I wonder what's differing from system to system here -- I loaded that exact version of the AnyConnect client, and I get the IP Forwarding table issue still, on the Beta 3 build.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Interestingly enough it throws this error when I try connect to the VPN while connected to my home Wifi (local cable modem ISP). But when I'm connected to my iPhone as a hotspot it works just fine. Go figure.

I have this issue on my home wifi. I suspect it has something to do with ipv4 addressing because I have found a work around. I turned on a guest wifi with different private ipv4 range. (i.e. 172.27.*.* instead of 192.168.1.* was the exact change. Maybe routing issues with 192.168.? just a wild guess.) My iPhone hotspot is also a work around. Hope this helps somebody.

I have tried iOS Personal Hotspot , and still getting CSD prelogin verification failed, also failing to get access to the latest build of AnyConnect from Cisco ( build June 2019) its saying my entitlement is not valid !! ahh other than this , MacOS Catalina was looking good , real shame

Same here.

I would sugest to submit feedback with Feedback Assistant.

My feedback number for this isssue is FB6706975.

Lets make it visible to Apple and Cisco.

logs

$ /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn connect vpn.domain.com

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client (version 4.7.04056) .

Copyright (c) 2004 - 2019 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

>> state: Disconnected

>> notice: Ready to connect.

>> registered with local VPN subsystem.

>> contacting host (vpn.domain.com) for login information...

>> notice: Contacting vpn.domain.com.

>> Please enter your username and password.

Username: [username@domain.com]

Password:

>> state: Connecting

>> notice: Establishing VPN session...

vpndownloader[2419:23070] NSSoftLinking - The function 'SLSIsSuppressedByScreenTime' can't be found in the (null) framework.

>> notice: The AnyConnect Downloader is performing update checks...

>> notice: Checking for profile updates...

>> notice: Checking for customization updates...

>> notice: Performing any required updates...

>> notice: The AnyConnect Downloader updates have been completed.

>> state: Connecting

>> notice: Establishing VPN session...

>> notice: Establishing VPN - Initiating connection...

>> notice: Establishing VPN - Examining system...

>> notice: Establishing VPN - Activating VPN adapter...

>> notice: Establishing VPN - Configuring system...

>> state: Disconnecting

>> notice: Disconnect in progress, please wait...

>> state: Disconnecting

>> error: The VPN client was unable to successfully verify the IP forwarding table modifications. A VPN connection will not be established.

>> notice: Ready to connect.

VPN>

$

macOS Catalina 10.15 beta 4 (19A512f)

Sadly did not work for me (Catalina):

sudo /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn connect vpn.redacted.com
sudo: unable to execute /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpn: Bad CPU type in executable

I'm on AnyConnect version 4.5.05030 - I assume that's only 32 bit and Catalina is only 64 bit.

Had the same issue after upgrading to Mac-OS Catalina.

Cisco Anyconnect version 4.7.04056 didnt worked on all the VPN Porfile configs, it worked for some and failed to some. DIfferent ASA Software and Hardware versions.

After I Updated Cisco AnyConnect to 4.8.00175, it works without any issues across the same ASA software and Hardware versions which was failing before.

* ASA Software: 9.6 to 9.8

* ASA Hardware: 5525X to ASA-FirePower

Same issue here with AnyConnect 4.4. Starting it via the command line also did not work.

If anyone finds a solution, please, share it! 😀

Using OpenConnect works for me in Catalina instead of AnyConnect:
https://github.com/openconnect/openconnect-gui/releases/download/v1.5.3/openconnect-gui-1.5.3.high_sierra.bottle.tar.gz

I am also facing the same issue if anyone find any solution please share.

Have you tried uninstalling the client, restart computer, and re-install the same client?