El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Thank you million times!

Thanks so much! Stinks that you had to do Apple's job for them.

Thanks, this solves my issues.

Me too; 10.11 beta 6; XCode 7 beta 4

IOS simulator issue; compiler hangs; looked at the console but I couldn't spot why it hung

OSX target compiler appears to work so I'll focus on my OSX code while they work on what happened

UPDATE: lembacon's fix worked for me too; THANKS!

You're the MVP 😎

The sudo mv command worked ... sort of... Xcode now compiles and can even run the Simulator, but crashes on hitting a breakpoint, or editing project settings.

nice job man! tks

Worked, so far.

I created a script to do this, gisted here, usage:

./save_xcode_for_el_cap.bash <path-to-xcode>

thank you!

I can confirm that these two patches work.

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/43/22/031-29032/71ihp9c54k547fvol25w5g85z9323gqwnr/OSXUpd10.11.pkg

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/43/22/031-29032/71ihp9c54k547fvol25w5g85z9323gqwnr/FirmwareUpdate.pkg

While this did give me back two working versions of Xcode, after rolling back with this method, all sound has stopped working (coreaudio does not appear to load). However I can see the audio hardware when I look at System Information. Some other telltale signs indicate that all is not well. My accessibility zoom and desktop switch show visible graphic lag. I will try the disabling SIP in the recovery mode. I may want to rollback to a prior backup using Time Machine if this fails. I think that loss of sound should be in big bold letters on your post (because I missed that in my first reading), hence:

NOTA BENE:

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE SOUND AFTER APPLYING THIS PATCH

Same issue. No luck re-installs, deleting derived files, restarts, etc.

+1 FWIW .. now working with the suggestion from @lembacon

A massive thanks from me too 🙂

Simon

You save my world, thank you so much!

OK. I had fixed it.

TKS.