Can't install Beta 3

I'm getting "An error occurred installing the update. You can try again to complete the installation". I'm also seeing an error in Console pertaining to "Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement".

Replies

I was able to update a 2018 MacBook Pro that was already running 10.15 developer beta 2. To do this, I installed the profile on another Mac, downloaded the full installer, quit, copied the installer app from that machine's Applications folder onto the 2018 MBP, and ran it from scratch. Hopefully, Apple allows downloading the full installer from the App Store soon.

Same here. Black screen. LED on the caps lock doesn't light up, but the trackpad "clicks"...so there's power but yeah...BridgeOS competent ****** up here.

WOW, this cmd R worked for me!!! Even my buddy at Apple Tech Support Tier 3 - like up there - never heard of that command! Thank you!

Worked for me after I went to software update, than the advanced button and removed all of the check marks.

The download finished and it installed.

2018 Mac Book Pro 15" here.

I too had these problems in the morning. I beleve Apple has fixed the download, as when I tried it again starting around 4:30 today, it downloaded, and the install completed, and the About this Mac says 19A501i. I'm good.

Summary: Try it again now. This time for sure!

Pressing Cmd+R in the Software Update window does seem to have worked for me. At least it is in the process of installing with 14 minutes to go. Fingers crossed that it will complete...

Yes, it worked! Completing this edit from newly installed beta machine. MBP 13" 2019

The install is now working.

I downloaded the beta 3 profile.

Restarted mbp

Clicked UPDATE on software update

Restart

Everything is working

Mine finally completed. Not sure what I did as I tried it so many times

Well I got a big error message on my 2017 MBP stating macOS couldn't be installed on this computer and to restart.Which brings the same screen message back up.

Install of beta 3 failed. Download of initial update was completed and restart commenced as usual. After around 20% the error message that Macos cannot be installed popped up. I pressed the power button on Macbook pro to hard shutdown the device. Restarted and then the install completed. YMMV

No go here on a 2014 Mac Mini attempting to install on volume with latest Mojave or on empty volume, each time in their own APFS container. The infamous "An Error Occurred While Preparing the Installation. Try running this application again." message from the installer is the only result. Same as DP 2.

Completely implausibly, the bug report I filed for the same problem with DP 2 is marked as having no similiar feedback filed. :-(

This is what I'm seeing but with an older, non-touchbar MBP

Yes, for me too.

Re-downloaded this morning, restarted computer, and then perform the "software update" in "system preferences" and it worked. It took a while, and there were moments that it looked like it froze, but after 45 minutes or so, it successfully installed.

This same process (which I repeated several times) didn't work yesterday, but it worked this morning, so it would appear that Apple has fixed the installer during the interim.

MacBook Pro 15 2018:

I've got the error message:

The update package has been deleted since being downloaded from the Apple Software Update server.
An error occurred while installing the selected updates.

It is in Software update window when clicking "Upgrade", the error message appears at the end of downloading Catalina 6GB package

same problem with my macbook pro 2019 16inch