Can't install Beta 3

I'm getting "An error occurred installing the update. You can try again to complete the installation". I'm also seeing an error in Console pertaining to "Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement".

Replies

In twitter land it's claimed to be a problem with computers equipped with T2 chips.

I disbaled SIP in recoverymod, removed files in /Library/Updates and enabled SIp again.

It also tried to download again, but same result. So I guess we just have to wait some days for a fix.

Beta 3 installed fine on my mbp

Same here. Downloaded and started but then failed. imac Pro

Even after doing that and getting the full installer, it ended up with an error after a few minutes. Tried a couple times with the same result.

MBP 13" 2019

I am getting the same error as everyone.

I restalled the development profile from the developer downloads page.

After profile installation and update, my /library/Updates/ folder now contains:

/Library/Update/041-10095/

/Library/Update/041-81733/

Update fails.

Is there a way or need to deleted the existing folders in /Library/Updates/ ??

Same issue here, though I just reinstalled the dev beta profile without removing it first, and now its re-downloading a package. Will see if this has a better result.

My 2018 Mac Mini installed the update then crashed on boot and just keeps crashing on boot. So it's a huge issue with the T2 chips, something is wrong and I'm doubting a fix this week because of the holiday...

I'm testing this same method as well. 40min left on the download. Will update post with results

****It failed****

I removed everything from Library/Updates

reinstalled beta profile (without removing)

redownloaded the entire update

and it failed.

2018 MBP, SIP turned off.

Also of note, I just attempted to reinstall the Beta Profile again, and now the error says this version of macOS is not available.

Same, even tried reinstalling the profile, rebooting, and downloading the update again but got the same error:

2019-07-02 23:02:38.312820+0100 0x173c Error 0x1771f0 662 0 com.apple.preferences.softwareupdate.remoteservice: (SoftwareUpdate) [com.apple.SoftwareUpdate:SoftwareUpdate] PrefPane: installDidFinishWithError - 041-81733: Error Domain=SUOSUErrorDomain Code=200 "An error occurred installing the update." UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=You can try again to complete the installation., NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred installing the update., NSUnderlyingError=0x6000036b1b90 {Error Domain=SUOSUErrorDomain Code=201 "An error occurred installing the update." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x6000036b0ba0 {Error Domain=SUErrorDomain Code=602 "An error occurred installing the update." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x6000036b05d0 {Error Domain=BOSErrorDomain Code=110 "The bridgeOS update doesn't satisfy the given minimum version requirement." UserInfo=0x6000016ad280 (not displayed)}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=You can try again to complete the installation., SUErrorUpdateServerName=swscan.apple.com, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred installing the update.}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=You can try again to complete the installation., NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred installing the update.}}}

I also have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018 with Touch Bar) and continually get this failure.

I tried removing the beta profile, reinstalling the beta profile and same error. I also tried installing beta profile over existing profile, but no larger download was prompted. It just continued from where it left off and failed again.

Do CMD+R in updates windows. Then click update again. it will download more missing files. now finally FIXED!!!🙂✅
MBP 2018

followed the suggestions here (reinstalled profile, deleted & reinstalled profile, deleted files in /Library/Updates, etc)

My MBP keeps redownloading 041-81733, not the later update and it continues to fail.

My iMac Pro and MBP ended up updating, but upon restarting went blank and now both refuse to startup. Totally bricked.

Completely bricked both my T2 machines

It worked for me after re-installing the profile over the old profile on MacBook Pro 13" 2018 w Touch Bar.