Can't install Beta 3

I'm getting "An error occurred installing the update. You can try again to complete the installation". I'm also seeing an error in Console pertaining to "Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement".

Replies

Same here - 2018 MBP 15"

Everyone should submit a report with Feedback Assistant. That might get more attention?

Crashed while finished installing 😟.., no success after all

2018 Mac Mini, same error... It's definately T2 chip related...

I'm getting same message.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

Some are reporting if you reinstall the Profile that it works correctly, downloads the proper BridgeOS files, I've been reading stuff in other forums, without reinstalling profile, the files fail to install properly. Going to try it now...

I just did that with the profile, deleted it and reinstalled - no go. 2018 MBP 13

it will show same error after update pre-install proccess

Mac mini 2018. same issue. error

Successfully updated a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012).

Failed to update a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same error message. "An error occurred installing the update. You can try again to complete the installation."

From KrisJa at MacRumors

"If you are currently on Beta 2, 'softwareupdated' will install a bunch of packages to /Library/Updates/041-81733.

In this location there is 041-81733.en_GB.plist which has a line:

<bridge-version build-version="17.16.10496.5.4" build-group="0"/>

This fails to install for reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

HOWEVER, if you re-install the Developer Beta Profile, it will instead download a larger set of packages to /Library/Updates/041-81731.

041-81731.en_GB.plist has an internal reference to build number 19A501i which is more recent than Beta2 which is 19A487i

The download finished and I am greeted with a functional installer Window...

EDIT: it is now installing just fine. Moral of the story: re-install the profile"

Can confirm this worked on my 2018 Mac mini. Just had it error out on me at the last 15 seconds though...

No such luck for me after uninstalling the profile and reinstalling on 2018 MBP. Still getting error, not new download available. That's what I think the issue for most is. We have the janky update and since it doesn't seem to restart the download we continue to get the error even after reinstalling the profile.

this didnt work for me at all :/

2018 MBP here - I can confirm I'm seeing a new download after reinstalling the profile.

There was a trick to getting it to work. I did not uninstall the profile first - I reinstalled the profile while my mac already had the profile installed.

For some reason, unlike doing a cold install, it opened up System Prefs and checked for an update. There was a much larger 7.26GB download, and an alert popped up asking if I wanted to install macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta - not specifying a version number.

It's currently downloading, and I'm not sure if it will launch, but it's definitely different than the previous download I was seeing.

EDIT: Yep, it launched. It's the full installer, not the update. So, install the beta profile on top of an existing beta profile - then it will download the full installer!

EDIT2: The installer launched, but after running preparations the installer app gave the same error as system update. So, no dice here.

i'm having the same problem. Unable to install any updates on my 2018 15-inch MacBook Pro, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the profile.