App installation failed The maximum number of apps for free development profiles has been reached.

I was once an Apple fanboy.That's why I became an Apple developer in the first place. However in the past years, I increasingly start to get so very annoyed by Apple.

At work, I have a company paid Apple developer account. But at home I do not, and I am not suppose to use the company account, I use my AppleID . Over the weekend, I was testing some codes on my iPhone. After a few successful uploads to the iPhone, suddenly I got this dreaded message "App installation failed The maximum number of apps for free development profiles has been reached." So I have to wait for a week before I can test my codes again?? C'mon Apple, Why the **** would you do that to your developers?? The only reason I can think of why Apple is doing this is its insatiable greed.This move is simply pathetic for the richest company in the U.S. I have no intention to distribute apps on my own, all I want to do is to test my codes as an exercise to improve my coding technique!

Replies

User Error.

You've reached the maximum number of test apps on your phone. XCode doesn't check if your overwriting an existing app. Just delete the test app from your phone and you will not have to wait for a week.

Delete 2 apps from your phone and you will not have to repeatedly delete the app between builds.

Reference: Xcode's Free Provisioning