The buttons for “Remove ADs” and “Buy 5 Nukes” IAP did not respond when reviewed on iPad running iOS 12.3.1 on Wi-Fi.

So we have been submitting our app for review and the app gets rejected because of the following reason:

The buttons for “Remove ADs” and “Buy 5 Nukes” IAP did not respond when reviewed on iPad running iOS 12.3.1 on Wi-Fi. We haven't any clue what to do.

I would like to know if:

1) The IAP options need to be reviewed and approved prior to the submitting the binary for approval.

2) If the IAP options are not approved will the links / buttons to the IAP function when the Binary is being reviewed?

We have been having this problem for 2 weeks and we don't know what we need to do to fix the issue and Apple keeps providing us with the same rejection notice without any details on what needs to happen.

I would also at this point be happy to pay to have someone review fix and submit this for approval for us as we can't figure this out so a referral would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Replies

Is this a brand new app? New apps get any initial in-app purchases appoved with the app. Either it all gets approved or none of it does.

But aside from that special circumstance, they are separate. Your app needs to properly handle the case when one or more in-app purchases are not available. So if you create a new in-app purchase, the app should work until the new purchases get approved and then they magically start working. If you decide to cancel one purchase, your app should gracefully handle it.

In case you are wondering for later, it can take a couple of days for changes to in-app purchases to propagate to all the stores.

Hi John,

Yes it is a brand new app and has never been approved / in the store before. Thank you for the explanation as it was not clear to us is the IAP need to be approved first and then the Binary submitted for approval.

If you would be so kind as to answer another questions.

Do the IAP buttons work in Test flight or will that functionalty only become available when the app is approved? When we try our app in test flight the IAP buttons do not function but we thought that was because the IAP had to be approved first before they would work.

I don't know about Test Flight. I'm primarily a Mac developers. But in-app purchases should work fine in development. They don't have to be approved for that. Are you validating those in-app purchases against both the production and sandbox server?

>Thank you for the explanation as it was not clear to us is the IAP need to be approved first and then the Binary submitted for approval.

In iOS, the first IAPs get approved at the same time as a new binary that codes for those IAPs. The new binary (and no earlier binaries) has those buttons in it that causes the app to access the StoreKit APIs. Prior to approval, an IAP can be accessed in development, in TestFlight and by App Review. When accessed that way an IAP is responding from the 'sandbox' environment'. The only difference between the sandbox environment and the 'production' environment is 1) 'cleared for sale' does not need to be checked 2) the bank contracts do not need to be signed and 3) the receipt can be decoded by a different Apple server.

> When we try our app in test flight the IAP buttons do not function

There is something wrong with your code.

>I would also at this point be happy to......

I am not certain but I believe that such requests are not appropriate for the forum.

Thank you gfor the explanation. We will have to check our code again and make sure it works in test flight.

I appreciate your help.