Pushkit notifications not delivered for dev environment, but are for prod

If I install/run my app then on an iPhone with iOS 13 Voip pushes are not getting through to the app (the app is in the foreground, I saw the other thread about them not being delivered in the background). The server is configured to send pushes over the Apple dev environment.

However if I unplug the iPhone and replace it with one with iOS 12 then the pushes are delivered.

The same app is also available on the app store, if I download that and run it on the iOS 13 devices then it receives the pushes (of course as its on the app store the pushes are being sent over the Apple production environment).

The conclusion - Voip pushes are working for the Apple production environment with iOS 13 but not the Sandbox enviroment.

Anybody else observed the same?

Replies

Just confirmed this - created an archive of the app and installed it onto the iOS 13 phone, it could receive pushes *sent over the sandbox environment*.

Something screwy going on with thei environments/pushes with iOS 13

Hi mungbeans

I seem to see no pushes coming from the dev environment BUT do get them from production environment. I'm using iOS13 Beta 3 and XCode11 Beta3

You say

"Just confirmed this - created an archive of the app and installed it onto the iOS 13 phone, it could receive pushes *sent over the sandbox environment*."

Can you explain what you mean.. An ipa should get it's pushes from production server I thought (Not from the dev server?)

Did you build the archive with Xcode 11 beta ?

If I run on an iPhone running iOS12.3.1 attached with a cable from XCode10.2.1 then I DO receive the push from api.development.push.apple.com:443 server

if I run on an iPhone running iOS12.3.1 attached with a cable from XCode11Beta3 then I DO receive the push from api.development.push.apple.com:443 server

If I run an iPhone running iOS13Beta3 attached with a cable on XCode11Beta3 then I DO NOT receive a push from api.development.push.apple.com:443 server. In my server I see an Error 400 when it sends the Push request.

I always seem to get PUSHS in all cases from production server api.push.apple.com:443 server for Both iOS12 and 13

I have not yet implemented the new requirement whereby we must offer the Call to Callkit before the end of the pushRegistry:didReceiveIncomingPushWithPayload:forType:withCompletionHandler: method.

Could that be why the Dev push server is failing to send the push |? If that is the case then how can I work on my code to address this new requirement. If I never get the pushes I cannot develop my code!!!?

Hi mungbeans

Please see this other thread.. This issue tunred out to be the cause of pushes not being sent in my case.. Server had a faulty Push Token

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/117545