I want to have an interface like the App Store for MacOS

I am thinking in using the same kind of layout for my app like the one used for the App Store on MacOS, but i cant find any way to do this.

I want to have the left side display 3 or 4 options, and on the right side it will change wich depends on what you choose on the left side. like for example, on the left side of the App Store there is the "Discover" , "Create" and so on Buttons, and as soon as you press on it, the right side of the interface change, depending on what you choose. The left side always stays locked in one place, while the right side change depending on what you choose on the left side.

Im not sure if i explained it good enough, but yeah im really new in app development, and this has me stuck on one place.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

Did you look at my proposal ?

As said, there are many other ways or variations:

- put all the buttons a a stackview

- use splitWindow

As for tutorials, I did not think of this very specific case, but more general about XCode, Swift and APIs.

For instance (if you are a beginner):

App development with Swift

Replies

There are many ways to do it.

One is to have a series of buttons on the left.

On the righjt, you display your view, by subclassing NSView :

- either one new class for each view, if they are really different

- or loading different content in the same subclass, if views are very similar.

That is pretty simple, if you master the basic concepts of OSX apps. Have you already studied some tutorial about it ?

>am thinking in using the same kind of layout

Might want to note this ASRG admonition... 3.2.2 Unacceptable:

ℹ Creating an interface for displaying third-party apps, extensions, or plug-ins similar to the App Store or as a general-interest collection.

Otherwise, I think the MAS uses a SplitView, unless it's actually a browser, in which case WKWebView, WebKit JS & CSS.

Hi

Thanks for the help.

And yes, i have been looking for tutorials for the last few weeks but i never have found one.

Could you please refer me to an specific tutorial for this please?