Will the new Coredata+CloudKit support sharing

I have an app that uses CloudKit to share records between multiple users and coredata as a local read-write cache.

I'm interested in the new automatic coredata+cloudkit integration, but I'm not sure how or if this will support sharing records with other cloudkit users.

I haven't test iOS 13 beta, yet, but I'm planning to do it in the next weeks.

Does someone have any knowledge about this? My bet is that is not supported, but I want to be sure.

Thank you

Accepted Reply

Not for iOS 13. Please send us feedback about your intended use case for sharing.

Replies

Not for iOS 13. Please send us feedback about your intended use case for sharing.

Sure, I can send feedback if you tell me where is more likely to be considered.

Thank you for the answer.

You can use the new feedback assistant in iOS 13 or the Catalina beta.

I am able to share the record. The question is is the shared record pushed to core data as my private records are or I have to create the operation to pull it?
Shared CKRecord changes in your own shared zone are in a different zone from the private records and do not sync automatically. In theory you could pull those changes yourself and write them into the private zone like local user edits (eg mirror them into the private zone)
I was just about to book in for a lab to ask this exact question!

In terms of pulling changes for shared CKRecords (in a shared zone), is it possible to be notified of the changes (similar to how the automatic sync for private records works) or would this just rely upon periodically polling to check for changed records and then pulling those changes?

Now available since iOS 15 😁