Force update for app

If the app has got an update after launching the app user will experience a dialog saying "Your app has an Update", After user clicks Ok he/she will be redirect to the app store.

My question:

After landing to app store if the user denys to update the app and relaunch the app again he/she will be experincing the dialog again and will be blocked untill he/she updates the app.

So will my app gets rejected because of this functionalty implemented in the app while submitting for review?

Replies

No one, including Apple, is going to tell you ahead of time whether your app will be rejected or not.

I have seen developers who have had apps accepted with even worse behaviour than what you are proposing. So you may get away with it from Apple, but your customers will hate it.

As JD says, nobody here can tell you in advance what App Review will or won’t do.

But what you’re describing is common for some apps like multiplayer games. Pokémon GO does it every update, for example. I don’t know if app review is explicitly allowing it, or if they just don’t see it in their testing. But it’s a data point.

But consider this......App Review will not see this feature because they are reviewing the latest update. You would need to (aka 'you should') point out in the notes for App Review that you have added a feature that requires users to update the app if an update exists. excplain to App Review why it is necessary for the user to update the app.

If it is not necessary for the user to update the app then why are you requiring it?