El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

what is this ? (cmd-r & Utilities /disable security config)

MAX108 posted :

booting into Recovery Mode (cmd+R):

Utilities > Security Configuration > uncheck "Enforce System Integrity Protection"

--

that solved my graphics issue after reinstalling to beta 5 (but didn`t solve the sound issue which Max108 wanted to solve :-) ).

I have now worked with xCode for 7 hours . no problems anymore....

I have the same problem! Now i'm doing steps posted by Max108 and i hope that this work. I also hope that apple release a new xcode beta that resolve this problem (also for xcode 6.4 that for xcode 7)

I had back to EI Captian Beta 5.( Run the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first, and OSXUpd10.11.pkg ).

Xcode 7 beta 4 can work fine, Now!!!

(cmd-r & Utilities /disable security config) is not help for me.

My sound is always broken.

I have public beta 4 (i'm developer but i have public beta...) Max108 procedure work also for me?

Thanks

Yes! Work Also for me!

Samme issue here: Xcode 6.4 crashes immediately after I open a project, while Xcode 7 cannot open .storyboard files

Xcode works again, thanks.

Sound does not, even with Max108 suggestion and I cannot seem to play quicktime files (The document “.mp4” could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-101)).

I find it somewhat troubling that Apple actually let something like this slip through the cracks. Doesn't anyone in the world's richest company actually dogfood their own software? Surely somebody must use Xcode internally within the company who would have seen this bug. Either that or developer productivity is not a priority for anyone in the company.

Hi guys, I've just found a temporary workaround. (Applies to Xcode 7 beta 4 on OS X El Capitan Developer Beta 6)

Open your Terminal:

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app (or wherever your Xcode 7 beta 4 is located)
cd Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform
cd Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib
sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

The reason is that the internal implementation of `_NSGetExecutablePath` has been updated (where the Kernel is involved), and the host `dyld` has also been updated to track this change. The `dyld_sim`, however, has not yet been updated. So the problem is that `_NSGetExecutablePath` will return a path that contains a `executable_path=` part which causes that the `CFBundleGetMainBundle()` always returns `NULL`. This workaround simply forces the simulator to use the host `dyld`. By far, everything works great for me.

works perfectly ! Xcode 7b4 & OSX PB 4 ! thanks !!!

Thank you! You've saved thousands of developer lives today.

Thanks lembacon! It works but it's not a definitive workaround. My iOS projects seems to be OK but my watchOS 2 storyboard keep crashing (XCode shows me an alert saying "Failed to connect with the watchOS agent. Please file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com" before die)

Still a great help

EDIT: After post this it was obvious that all I had to do was do the same thing to appleWatch simulator. Works like a charm now. Thanks again 🙂

So, in addition to previous commands. Write this in your terminal too.

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app (or wherever your Xcode 7 beta 4 is located)
cd Contents/Developer/Platforms/WatchSimulator.platform
cd Developer/SDKs/WatchSimulator.sdk/usr/lib
sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

May the lords of the realm reward you with riches.

I owe you a beer.