Is iOS 13 required to instal Watch OS 6 Beta?

I've seen several posts with people having issues pairing with an Apple Watch running Watch OS 6. In my case I am running the iOS beta 12.4 and having no luck pairing with my watch. So, is iOS 13 required for pairing with an Apple Watch running Watch OS 6??

Replies

I had all of the problems mentioned After downloading iOS 6 to my watch . I just downloaded iOS 13 beta 2 to my Iphone and re-paired my watch . All is good !

Do you have an Iphone6, really? It is not the case, here. I am a developer since 2014. This is not amusing. To install a profile, without the warning, to avoid more problems like this. I cannot use the watch series 4 anymore, now for more than a week. And it will not changing anymore. No one here have a good answer? To solve the problem after install the watchOS-beta with only an iPhone 6 and a mac?

We have simulators on a mac with xcode with so much possibilities, no? Is it really a Beta? Or a trap? To buy a new iPhone? Maybe?

If you have a beta profile installed on your watch, iPhone, iPad or Mac, Software Update is going to download whatever Apple has qued up. watchOS and iOS are different pieces of software for different devices. They are not tethered together in that manner. Apple Watch software isn’t like iOS for the iPhone or iPad. You can almost always restore your devices, The Apple Watch beta software isn’t that way and is one of the main reasons Apple doesn’t put out a public beta for it.

Everyone here who is a developer, or at least has a developer account, excepts the conditions and risks when it comes to beta software for their devices, nothing here is Apple’s fault. If you have bricked your watch, then go to an Apple Store and they will send it off to be restored. The Apple Retail reps can not do it in house, *unless something has changed* or call Apple and have it sent off if you don’t have a retail store near you.

Hi

I also updated my Apple Watch 3 to watchos 6 while I was running IOS 12.4 on my iPhone X, and I lost connection to the watch, I have now installed IOS 13 beta 2 on my Iphone but i am still on able to get my watch paired again, anything seems okay while pairing but when it is done the watch reboots and no connection again :-( i think my watch is forever dead :-(

Hey! Same for me! Updated my iPhone to iOS 13 but still no connection. Reserved a thousand times. Initial pairing process seems to work but after it’s finished the watch crashes and shows nothing but the watch face. After reboot the watch wants to be paired again. So annoying ...

I have IOS 13 on my iphoen x, Watch OS 6 installed. and I have pairing issues.

Its the same here, after an initial start with watch OS6 and iOS12, where pairing wasnt working, I also updated one of my iPhone XSs to iOS13 beta, but neither beta1 nor beta2 allows me to pair the watch with my phone. As said, everything looks fine, but as soon as I touch the crown to start the watch sfter instalattion, the watch display flashes, and then the connection is lost. After that, all I can do is swipe left right and change watch faces, all other functionality and buttons/menues are not working.

I had the same issue for several weeks, very annoying, but I managed to solve that by following a guide from someone, (don’t remember the name). What you need to do to get your watch to work again are the following steps: 1. Reset you Watch to factory settings (press and hold "digital crown" and tap "reset"). 2. Change your region to UK, and language to English (if it not) on Watch (click "i" button). 3. Change your Region to UK and language to English on iPhone. 4. Pair and synchronise your Watch. 5. DO NOT CLICK "DIGITAL CROWN" when synchronise finished. Click "OK" button on iPhone, then locate the watchOS 6 beta profile and Activate it again. 6. Your Watch will reboot. 7. Now you can click Digital Crown and all the functions will be working normally

What I read before and helps me was, that the language and region settings are very important.

They needs exactly the same at phone and watch.

So my phone is on 12.4 and my watch is on watch os 6 and is erased. How can i pair my watch to my phone without going to ios 13?

I am running 13.o on my iPhone xsmax. I reset my watch to factory settings because it wouldn’t pair and now it won’t pair because it’s sayion it needs to update the watches operating system? When it try’s to connect the pairing fails? Help this is the 4 gen with cellular thanks