iPhone XS Max not charging

Hello,

I installed iOS 13 beta on my iPhone XS Max successfully. Sometime and after hard usage I got a message to charge my phone.

I connected to its charger but unfortunately the phone was not charging.

I decided to reinstall the beta but this time to make it as a new phone. Unfortunatelly I had the same results.

Since the battery percentage was at 7% I decided to go back to 12.4 beta 3 successfully where my iPhone was charging properly and without any problems. It seems that there is a huge issue on the software. I reported as well as a bug.

Does anybody else faced the same issue?

Thanks

Replies

I do not know I have tried all the possible combinations:

(a) update via the profile

(b) clean install from DFU

(c) disable Optimized charging and USB accessories

(d) different official charger and cable

(e) wireless, etc

Nothing of the above worked!!

I am sure that it is a software bug since when I restore back to 12.4 everything is working OK in terms of charging (wireless or not).

Additionally I have raised a bug report (FB6162862), but still I have not any feedback from Apple.

I'm in the same boat, iPhone Xs (not Max). Both it and my 1st-gen iPad Pro are on i/PadOS 13 beta 2, and both are no longer charging reliably.

Additionally, my Apple Watch on watchOS 6 beta 2 isn't charging reliably either. My MacBook running Catalina beta 2 seems to be having issues too, but it's definitely not as pronounced as my iPhone and iPad, both of which struggle to get above 10% charge now. I've tried multiple chargers, outlets, and computers. For the iPhone, I've also tried with and without the smart battery case, over wired and wireless charging. No luck in any of it. The only reliable Apple devices I have right now are my desktop Macs and my Apple TV… I can't currently count on anything with a battery.

My issue is slow charging. Gets pretty hot on charging mat. Stopped at 80%. Took it off mat and back on and now at 81%. Also, does not sleep during charging so it sort of working against itself.

It is rediculus to give a faulty release to public. On the other hand it’s a good chance to fix the charging issue on XS Max 512Gb, which of course remains as well in the public release since it is the same build as beta 2!

I also tried wireless charging, several different cords/chargers with no luck. I was walking around with a USB Battery and my iphone plugged in just so it would stay at the same charging level.

I reverted back to iOS 12.4 beta 5. Ashame this was released like this.

I have same issue on my iPhone XS Max 512

iOS 13 beta 3

On beta 3 it seams that is charging but becomes hot very often and stops charging and the battery percentage stacked! A lot of problems with charging and high temperatures. I have raised bug reports once more for all of them.

I have the same charging issue with Beta 2. Not charging any more than what’s already charged. XS max, 256gb. MT6J2LL/A Does beta 3 have the same not charging issue?

I am also having this issue on iPhone 7plus

If anyone is still having this issue I switched from dark mode to light mode and it fixed the problem. Then I just switched back to dark

Hey I posted this in the main feed but since your the most recent post. I fixed the problem buy switching from dark mode to light mode then back

Same issue here with an iPhone XS Max.

Unfortunately, it was not charged over night and went down to 2%. After plugging it in, I realized it was not charging. The phone did register it was plugged in, meaning the little lightening bolt appeared over the battery. However, on the lock screen, it said "Charged" instead of "Charging", even though it was still at 2%. When I attempted to restart the phone, it would not turn back on, instead giving me the low battery icon.

I understand when the battery gets very low, the phone needs several minutes of juice to get the battery above a certain percentage before turning on. Since the phone now refuses to go above 2% (or at least the phone THINKS it's only at 2%, who knows?) it won't turn on until it meets that threshold. No amount of charging (using various cords, boxes, wireless charing pads, directly into my MacBook) will get the phone to turn on. This means I can't restore the device to a previous backup/iOS.

I have now left it either plugged in or on a wireless charging pad for several hours to no avail. I submitted a Feedback Report (FB6641819) but haven't heard back yet. I contacted support, but their only recommendation is taking the phone to a store, the earliest-available appointment being Tuesday afternoon. Although he did assure me that if the techinician did not find anything wrong with the device, there would presumably be no charge for the repair/replacement, since the fault is with the software.

I've been part of the Public Beta program since iOS 6 and have never experieniced such a terminal problem. I'm now stuck with an unusable device for the next several days. It's quite disappointing Apple would release a Beta with such an unstable build to the public.

My XS Max is having the same issue. I originally thought it was a bug in Public Beta 1 so I restored my device to iOS 12. After Public Beta 2 came out I decided to try again (thinking that a major issue such as this would be fixed in the next update). The device is still not charging properly. It does register that it is plugged into a charger, but the battery percentage will not increase. I've tried every method of charging possible. I even let my phone completely die and it recharged back to 2% (which it has been stuck at for the past 6 hours). So rest assured you can restore your phone if it dies completely with this bug.

I am going to let my phone continue to charge until tomorrow and then I will once again downgrade to iOS 12 if I have no luck. I have submitted two Feedback reports on each beta release and hopefully they will correct this problem with the next release as this is a serious issue. Nothing seems to work in order to fix this, if anyone finds a solution please let me know.

Also to the person who posted about switching from dark to light mode and then back that doesn't appear to be working on my device. Will update this post with new information if I get any.

Same problem with an iPhone SE, it has completely discharged the battery and does not charge, it takes several hours and it does not go up.

I come from the store, they tell me that they can not do anything that the phone is in a beta and they do not have the means to fix it and they do not change it either, since it was me who installed the beta, it does not matter if it is public , they say that when accepting conditions one of them is that we do not have technical support, I do not know how Apple will solve it if the phone does not charge!