Update Apple ID Settings - 10.15 Beta

Just updated to macOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A487I) on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017). System Preferences has a red circle with a white number 1.

Upon opening System Preferences, my Apple IDs are showing (one for my regular account, one for purchases) as logged in.

Overview is selected on the left. On the right, a yellow triangle appears containing a white exclamation point. The text says: Update Apple ID Settings, followed by: Some account services require you to sign in again. Next to that is a Continue button.

When I press the Continue button, a pop-up window appears with the exact same text and another Continue button. Pressing the pop-up's Continue button just closes the pop-up window.

I've tried logging out and back in for both accounts.

I logged out of both accounts, restarted my MacBook, then logged back into the accounts.

I logged into the appropriate accounts for the App Store, Books, Podcasts, and Apple TV.

Still, the red circle and yellow triangle.

What am I missing??? Thanks in advance for any help...

Replies

Same here.
if you find any workarround please update. I have this problem since Beta 1.

I have a problem with appleID on anything that uses it. music app locks up on launch, Photos app gets stuck updating, I can't change anything in the Preferences app WRT Apple ID or iCloud ..

If you find a solution, please post :-(

--marcel.

2013 mac Pro

Catalina Beta (19A487l)

I can log into Music and App store app but I get the icloud and apple id traingle in settings.

Had the same issue iCloud wouldn’t set up and when I did manage I got error saying account was in use Seems I had to delete the email account as it thought it wasn’t the primary account( even though it was) And religion on to iCloud Seems to be working atm

Same issue, my desktop folders "stacks" are all gone. I can still find the files on my iphone in the files folder.

the same exactly problem for me and i don't know what to do so if you found a way to fix it please let me know.

Had the same trouble with my mac.

Same problem here and I am now on the 2nd public beta (19A501i).

However everything that needs my Apple ID's seems to be working fine :-)

I have been having this problem with all the dev betas on my 2018 MacBook Pro 15. I just updated to Dev Beta 4 and it still says the same thing. It doesn't really seem to be a problem; all my Apple ID related apps seem to work. Mail, iCloud Drive, Music, App Store, Calendar and Contacts.

The only thing I can maybe attribute it to is that I have two Apple IDs. One I use for purchasing movies and Apps (my original iTunes store account email) and one I use for mail and my Dev account and such (my original @me.com address)

Maybe that is the issue.

Well it's July 17th and just installed the lastest update. Still can't "Update Apple ID Settings" as it will prompt me for a password then do nothing.

Same here. I had trouble with Music, TV, Podcast in the precious beta--they would all hang up. Now with the latest Beta 19A512f I can't login to Messages with my Apple ID. It gives an error when trying to login with my pasword.

The same here, started with the first beta and still continues

It's gone in the latest beta: 10.15 Beta (19A512f)

Just select Name (or whatever the second option on the left is), open it, close it and the update circled 1 goes away.

Possibly for you but it wasn't for me. I found a way to fix it, but it should never happen in the first place.