Unable to install tvOS 13 profile on AppleTV 4K

I've downloaded the profile to install tvOS 13 on my AppleTV 4k. It's currently running TVOS 12.4 Beta. My MacBook Air (6,2) is running macOS 10.15 Beta. I'm running Xcode 11 Beta and Apple Configurator 2.10 Beta.

I should be able to install the profile by using Xcode -> Windows -> Devices and Simulators. The AppleTV should show up there on the left column under devices. Both my MacBook Air and the AppleTV are connected to the same WiFi network. I actually tried with three different networks just to make sure. The computer is right next to the AppleTV and the AppleTV is on the Settings -> Remotes and Devices -> Remotes and Devices screen, which should make it discoverable. After restarting both devices numerous times and changing WiFi networks over and over, I was completely unable to get them connected so that I could upload the tvOS 13 Beta Profile to the AppleTV.

AppleTV 4K doesn't have the USB-C connector like the previous model, so there's no way to push a restore image onto it.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you found a workaround?

Thanks.

Replies

I was having the exact same issue after upgrading. The Beta Software update was gone and could not OTA update the ATV. I removed and reinstalled the profiles but no luck. The only fix was stated earlier in the thread. I had to Reset and erase to factory default and resetup from scratch.

With a clean beta 1 installed I installed the TVOS 13 beta profile and rebooted. At that point i was able to OTA update to beta 2.

Same problem.

Interested in a solution

1- Install Apple Configurator 2

2- Select your Apple TV and Clic Prepare

3- Next, next, next... and when it tells you that the apple tv is already prepare, clic cancel.

4- The Apple TV will restart.

5- Reconfigure it

6- Your updates should work... it worked for me

Juast make sure that the apple tv automatic update is turned off same with Beta update. if they are both off restart apple tv and it will update took me a day to figure it out. good luck.

After trying a couple of things and refusing to reset to factory settings. This is what I did:

Pre-requisite:

- tvOS 13 provision profile installed

Steps:

1. Turned off Beta updates
  2. Restart AppleTV
  3. go to update section and select update (make sure you still have Beta update set to OFF)

Seems like the Beta update which currently is 12.4 or 12 overrides the other update method which is by using the provisioning profile. I hope that helps.

You are so right. It worked for me this way also. Thanks! You've saved my sobriety.

I actually had the same problem with tvOS 14 developer beta. Same solution worked.

disable automatic updates
disable beta option

Search for update...

Weird, but it worked.

Cheers!