notarization throws error

This thread has been locked by a moderator.

On using notarization from command line on Mojave 10.14.5 as below:

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "" -u "***" -p "***" -f "***.zip"

The following error is observed :

To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

Currenlty latest XCode 10.2.1 is being used despite of that this error is observed. I am able to successfully login to developer account and itunesconnect account which does not display any contracts/agreements.

What could be missing?

Up vote post of ncel
26k views

Accepted Reply

OK, I finally manage to come up with a definitive process for resolving this problem. See Error 1048 When Notarising.

To avoid further confusion, I’m going to lock this thread and mark this answer as correct [1]. If you experience the 1048 error and can’t resolve it using the process described in my new post, please feel free to start a new thread with the Notarization tag.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Specifically, this post subsumes all the advice I’ve posted earlier on this thread.

Replies

I kept getting the same error 1048 for notarizing a desktop app. In my case, what happened was that my user was a member of two developer accounts. One account had all agreements in order, and this is the account that I used for building/distribution. The other account needed to accept the paid apps agreement update. Even though the other account had nothing to do with my app, this is what fixed the issue for me.

Hi, I also can get my app be notarized by iOS Paid Apps agreement.

HOLY COW THAT WAS IT!!!!

Thank you so much for figuring that out!

Its not right that ALL teams you are a part of need to sign it when you aren't using that team for notarization. I actually had to leave both my other teams.

Aaaaaaah! I finally understood.
I thought that Apple Connect does not matter.
Because it's a description about app for macOS. It isn't iOS.
"What is Eskimo saying?" I first thought.
But It's wrong. I had to register contacts in Apple Connect.

Okay, Apple hope to unify management of macOS and iOS.
And need "strict" contracts and procedures. I agree with it.
But I think description and indication is not enough.😕

apple4ever wrote:

Its not right that ALL teams you are a part of need to sign it when you aren't using that team for notarization.

KR-san wrote:

Because it's a description about app for macOS. It isn't iOS.

There’s no doubt that the diagnostics for these problems could be better. Please feel free to file a bug report about anything that you find particularly misleading.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hi eskimo,

We still continue having the same problem.

Can you explain a little bit more in detail the steps to fix it?

AFAIK it is related with belong to two teams and both of them must have the agreements accepted. It's Right?

How can I know if it is my situation?

Can you give me more details?

Thank you in advance.

FB5419144

You can add me to the list - I'm no longer able to submit our file for notarization, after weeks of success. Of course this happens as we try to release a new version of our product. Any news on this? Our accounts and contracts are in order from what I can tell. Thanks

FB6176216

Hi eskimo,

The same error occurs with me.

I posted FB6184236 to Feedback assistant.

Thanks.

Hi eskimo,

The same error occurs to me.

I posted FB6207176 to feedback assistant.

Thanks.

Francois.

Hi eskimo,

There is any news about this. We still have this problem and it is blocking a release of our products.

Thanks

FB5419144

There is any news about this.

I’m working one-on-one with a few developers to see if I get get a better handle on the most common causes of this. The most common problem seems to be something along the lines of:

1. The developer is a member of multiple teams.

2. One of those teams has not signed an agreement.

3. They are not specifying

--asc-provider
    , and thus are accidentally submitting as this team.
  4. They are not head honcho on that team, and thus can’t see that there are pending agreements.

However, I’m still working this issue and it’s possible that there are subtleties that I’ve missed.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

To get past this problem, our account admin had to accept the 43-page "Paid Applications Schedule". I can't conceive what that has to do with getting an app notarized.

Dear eskimo,

It appears that my organization is signed the "Apple Developer Enterprise Program" not the "Apple Developer Program"

As indicated here https://developer.apple.com/support/compare-memberships/

members of the "Apple Developer Enterprise Program" do not have access to the "App Store Connect", hence this might be the reason why some agreements are missing and that I cannot notarize.

Could you confirm that this is the root cause of my problem?

Could you advise how to further proceed with notarization in that case for this "Apple Developer Enterprise Program"?

Thanks.

Francois

Hi Eskimo,

On my side :

1. The developer is a member of multiple teams.

Yes, this is true. I own a tem and I am member of another one.

2. One of those teams has not signed an agreement.

There is no pending agreement on the team I own and the admin of the other team tells me there is none either.

3. They are not specifying

--asc-provider
, and thus are accidentally submitting as this team.

I'm trying to submit on the team I'm not admin of. I set the proper team id with --asc-provider

4. They are not head honcho on that team, and thus can’t see that there are pending agreements.

Indeed

I'm also seeing this issue. I opened a bug here: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/feedback/6331706

I'm a member of only a single team. We are in the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.