macOS Cataline beta2 - APFS install error

Hi, there does seem to be something going on with beta 2, beta 1 installed fine (wanted to start looking at SwiftUI) but beta 2 starts the install, getts to [15 seconds Remaining] before announcing "Could not create a preboot volume for APFS install" I have tried rebooting, but keep hitting the same error. MacBook Pro 15-inch 2018, currently running 10.15 beta 1

Replies

I am getting the same error with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Running the installer again fixed it for me.

Same for me.

Yup a 2nd install worked for me too, its worth noting that I had to run the 2nd install immediately after the first fails. Having tried earlier with a long delay (for lunch) or a reboot between the installs it still fails with the APFS install error, so do them back to back.

I had to boot in recovery mode and used disk utility to repair my ssd. There are two showing and I used First aid on both. Then rebooted and tried to run upgrade. Failed. Ran again immediately afterward and worked.

I had this problemo too. Tried to install Catalan beta 2 a couple of times without success. However, having shut down and then booted up the install worked flawlessly.