Siri Suggestions in Search

Is there a kind of whitepaper or other source of information that describes how the Siri suggestions in Search work or come about? I am interested in possible sources of the suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Replies

There are multiple ways for an app to provide content into Search, depending on what makes sense for any specific use case. The options are to donate an intent, use NSUserActivity, or adopt CoreSpotlight. What content from your app do you want to appear in Search?

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually I have no use case for a specific app.

Instead, I'm interested in whether there is more specific information about who the "partners" named in the May 2019 iOS Security Guide are. The section "Safari Suggestions, Siri Suggestions in Search, Lookup, #images, News app, and News widget in non-News countries" says that in some cases queries are forwarded to qualified partners.

Therefore I am looking for whitepapers or something similar. Many thanks for any help!

I got a question about Siri suggestion: When I use apps like phone, safari and wheather, Siri seems to have higher possibility to come up with suggestions on lock screen such as "Call Mom", "View wheather in XX". But when I donate shortcuts in my own app to Siri, it's very hard for me to see the Siri Suggestions on lock screen.