Apple Magic mouse 2 IpadOS

Hi,

Out of curiosity, has anyone been able to pair through Bluetooth the Magic Mouse 2 with IpadOS? So far no success.

Replies

managed to pair Magic Mouse (the one with batteries) to iPad Air 3 via Accessibility>touch>assistive touch ON>Pointing Devices>Bluetooth Devices and entered PIN of 0000 after a number of not-quite-quick enough entries.

Thank you maysonic for the 0000 pin. I was pulling my hair out. I got magic mouse to work
Another helpful tip is to take batteries out to put mouse in discovery mode AND power off iPad at restart it so it will find your mouse a lot quicker.

I sent this as a bug report on to Apple.

Just to add some extra info to the thread, I tried 2 Microsoft Bluetooth Mice, an Intellimouse Explorer, which asked for a PIN (which it doesn’t have) and no combinations of PINs worked. I also tried a Precision Mouse which worked immediately without any PIN. It doesn’t seem to reconnect on it’s own however.

How about the most recent Magic Mouse, the one with the Lightning port on the bottom? I can't seem to get the iPad to find it via Bluetooth and, obviously, because of its design, it's unusable while connected via Lightning. Just me?

Same here. Magic Mouse 2 and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse not detected by IpadOS.

I haven’t been able to either... Same steps.

Its not just you. I have tried several times to get the Magic Mouse 2 to pair with the iPad Pro. All I see is the spinning wheel and the iPad never "sees" the mouse.

The same for me. I cannot pair my magic mouse 2 (model:A1657) vith my Ipad Pro (10.5) It is not come up in bluetooth menu an neither in Accessibility>touch>assistive touch ON>Pointing Devices>Bluetooth Devices menu.

Still no luck with Magic Mouse 2 in Developer Beta 2. 😟

Same here. IpadOS detected it correctly when plugged in with lighting cable and USB-c adapter (though not responding). Bluetooth is not detected at all.

I can confirm that... 😟

I just tried with Beta 2 and Magic Mouse 2. No success. The iPad cannot pair with the mouse. Disappointing. Was hoping Beta 2 would fix this.

Still not sovled in beta2, so sad, any one who have find the way to pair magic mouse 2 with ipados, please let me know, thanks.

Tips from this article helped. '0000' pin was the key for magic mouse. Tried connecting trackpad without any success. https://appletoolbox.com/2019/06/wheres-accessibility-settings-in-ios-13-and-ipados-we-found-it-and-more/

This helps with magic mouse 1 not 2.