can not pair with iPhone 12.3.* 12.4.*

After update to watchOS 6 beta this morning, my watch ( 3 ) and iPhone now can not pair.

How can I do, I do not want to upgrad my iPhone to 13 beta yet.

Replies

I had to update my iphone to os13 beta, and xcode 11 beta then it paired fine!

Please could you answer these following questions.

Were you running macOS10.15 (Catalina) when you used Xcode 11 to update to iOS 13?

Which iPhone did you manage to update?

Did you just keep Xcode open and running in the background when you managed to update?

So....

Once we are able to install the public beta iOS 13, watches stuck in the pairing loop will be able to be paired?

thank you.

You can install Xcode 11 beta on a Mac running macOS Mojave. Then iTunes can be used to update the iPhone to iOS 13 beta using the restore image for your iPhone to upgrade it.

Made the rookie error of installing watchOS 6 beta without confirming I would be able to install ios 13 on my phone. Watch refused to pair with phone running ios 12. Tried installing ios 13 on an iphone 6 plus as well as an X but couldn't get it to install on either phone (even after installing Catalina and Xcode 11 beta). Ending up droping off my watch at local Apple store for then to send it back to be rolled back to OS 5. Like I said, rookie error.

Just heard from Apple that they are sending my watch back to me without having been able to resolve the issue. Apparently a letter will come with the watch explaining the problem (not sure why they didn't detail the problem in the email avising of the inability to fix the issue). Confused.

Thank you! Worked perfectly.

oh DO let us know what you learn!

The idea that Apple won't resolve this is troubling, to say the least.

There was NOTHING stating that iOS 13 was a MANDATORY prerequisite for installing watchOS 6 and still have a functioning watch afterwards.... Apple bears a bit of the blame for not making it explicit. If this was indeed the case, we should not have been able to even install watchOS 6, IMO.

There have been plenty of instances where we've been able to install the next OS without having to install another iOS beforehand, so it should not have been an assumed requisite.

Very frustrating situation!

So I got my watch back from Apple. Despite the email they sent informing me that they were unable to repair it, it was fine. It had been rolled back to OS 5.3 and paired with my phone on the first try. For what it is worth I had backup up my phone and then begrudgingly updated it to iOS 13 in anticipation of Apple returning my watch to me unrepaired (i.e. with OS 6 still in it). I tried to restore the phone to the 12.4 iOS backup file but couldn’t make it take. Guess I’m stuck with iOS 13. So far no major bugs.

Oh, WHEW!

I am so glad thatwas the outcome.

Just got back from the Apple Store having dropped off my watch for a re-set.

So I was quite keen to know your result.

I also took that opportunity to look at the new iMacs....yeah, schweeeet!

I'll be replacing my 10 yr. old iMac soon, so I can run the new OS and again be more integrated with my portables.

Thank you so much for posting your outcome.

Very reassuring!

I think I just got the same email as you did.

"Your product arrived at our repair center but our technicians were't able to process your repair request...." etc.

Is that the one?

I'm going to make this simple, the following has always been the case, watchOS beta requres iOS beta, but iOS beta does not require watchOS beta.

to put it another way, your iPhone requires the Watch to be the same or older release of OS as the iPhone, but the Watch needs the same or newer release of OS on the iPhone.

This means watchOS beta will never work with the current or older release of iOS.

They finally admitted it in the ios 13 beta 2 notes. Thank you Apple

I did upgrade the iPhone first (from iOS13 beta 1 to beta 2) and then the watch, and I'm stuck in this pairing loop problem too.
I found a possible solution here:
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/117301#362697

Unfortunately that didn't do anything though.

Yes thats it.

the problem is apple dont say that.

thats the problem, why your watch uptadate if dont detected a new IOS?

protect your customer apple.