Can't login to App Store under Catalina

The App Store app is logged out, and logging in with the correct credentials spins for a moment then leaves the app without being logged in.

As of now I'm suspecting a filesystem issue, perhaps permissioning, as I've seen other things that might point that way.

Anyone else seeing this?

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

All preference panes requiring authentication fail for me, so the solution of logging out of iCloud through Preferences didn't work for me.

What did work was logging out of the Music app, logging back into the Music app, then logging into App Store.

Hope this (or the Preferences variant) helps others.

• This worked for me as well in February 2022. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

Add a Comment

Replies

Yeap, same here

This worked for me. As others stated, the log out procedure is arduous and my have errors. But opening system prefs, clicking "apple account" and signing out then signing back in appears to be a solution for the time being. I sent Apple feedback about this workaround solution.

I have the same problem

All preference panes requiring authentication fail for me, so the solution of logging out of iCloud through Preferences didn't work for me.

What did work was logging out of the Music app, logging back into the Music app, then logging into App Store.

Hope this (or the Preferences variant) helps others.

• This worked for me as well in February 2022. Surprised this hasn't been fixed yet.

Add a Comment

Yep, worked for me. Thanks!

worked for me. Thanks

That did it. I logged into the Music app successfully, WHICH actually is the iTunes log in, and then I went back and was able to successfully log into the App Store.

Thanks

Afraid it didn't help me.

Thanks for the solution !

I have having issues and workaround doesnt help. The first time i go in app store it tells me to sign in and when I do it says unexpected error occured: failure. then when clicking update, it keeps telling me to sign in again. The sign out apple account and music app doesnt work

After searching a lot, this was the solution, many thanks !

I have an Apple ID and a different account for AppStore. On App Store the log in with Apple ID was succesful but with account for App Store did not let me log in till I changed the password and this forced to display 2nd auth factor for App Store ID.

Didn't work for me.. mostly because my music app won't start.. locks up unresponsive when I try to launch.

Thank you!!! Worked for me finally

I had this problem as well, tried signing out of the music app trick but that did not work, what DID WORK was trying to sign into the Mac App Store with another account - then cancelling when it got to 2FA. Then signing back in with my account.