How to handle dynamic pricing in consumable in app purchase programatically in swift?

Dear Apple team,

I am developing an application offering online video courses which user has to purchase. I know I need to use In-app purchase for digital content in app. But my question is:

For static products like $5,$10 etc, I can easily add product IDs in iTunes connect and later I can display on application using store kit(I have worked on consumable and auto renewable IAPs with fixed price). But In our current application, price will be dynamic.

Example: $15 or $45 or $345 etc based on user selected content on their cart. Price will be multiplied by the items quantity like any E-commerce application.

Suppose I have added a video course of price $10 and quantity 5 in my cart. Later I have added one more course in my cart which is a cost of $20 and quantity 1.

So total amount I have to pay is when I click Buy Now: $10*5 + $20*1 = $70.

On the other hand, android people are using credit card payment. But in iOS you are not allowing to use other third party libraries other than In-app purchase. So please help me with this thing, which way I need to follow?

If I am using In-app purchase how to achieve this? Or If I use credit card payment or PayPal will you reject my application?

Replies

You may want to move this to the IAP forum... Feel free to search there on how to combine/bundle items to achieve otherwise non-standard pricing tiers, etc.

You can create a consumable 'credit' IAP currency. The user purchases 'credits' in any quantity using IAP. Then the app deducts a certyain number of credits when they are exchanged for one or more of your videos.

Hello Harvi,

did you ever manage to solve your problem? I'm in a similar predicament where I'm chasing a moving target( a dynamic price selected by the creator of the content which is on sale, eg similar to the Cameo App and its business model, where a celeb creates a video for whatever price they like). So I'm stuck for trying to pull up and match unique price list for each video/sales case between the app and apples IAP lists. Some creators charge $20us and others charge $199us, so we can't figure out a way around. Any info would be an absolute blessing, I'm happy to pay for advice at this stage :)