El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Could it be related to firmware update package? Should everybody be using the same one, regardless of Mac they are using?

Did not work. Late 2013 Retina MBP. But at least the rollback did.

I'm using a mid-2015 rMBP. I installed the firmware update first, then the delta.

Perfectly good reasoning but, no, not related. The exact same "firmware" update is automatically downloaded and installed with any given beta update regardless of Mac - they somehow pave the way for the beta (often just a redundancy I would guess) and are not related to the hardware.

There are, of course, firmware updates that appear, also in the App Store as an update, that conform more to a more typical conception of a firmware update, but these always identify the specific Mac and purpose in their name.

Here's some irony. I went and filed a bug report and when submitting, the bug reporter crashed. 😮 I had to force-quit Safari.

What's SIP and how can I go about disabling it if I encounter the sound issues? I'm about to install the firmware update then the delta...

xCode "O.K." again after reinstalling beta 5 but no sound and miserable graphics performance( MBP+ ACD 30").

--edit--

great, the thing from Max108 (cmd-r & Utilities /disable security config) brought back my graphics drivers, so xcode is usable again.

( but still no sound).

After reinstalling and doing the delta update, I noticed all my Mail accounts were gone. After adding them again, I can no longer send mail. Mail simply states that there is no subject to any mail.

I decided it might be better to reinstall again and do a manual beta update 5 times instead of using the delta. Now I'm faced with a new issue, I cannot reinstall because recovery software insists that I'm using the wrong password with my Apple ID.

"Springboard quit unexpectedly" with any playground open. If I OK the crash dialog, I'll get a new one within five seconds.

Didn't happen on El Cap beta 5.

Clearly an issue with the latest Beta. I personally can't open any new or old project without XCode crashing. I think we will need to wait for the next build. Hopefully by then they would have fixed it.

Same problem here. Probably the best way for now is waiting for next build of Xcode 7 beta.

Hi Max108 - thanks for your suggestion !

Quick question, instead of disabling SIP in Recovery can I do it via terminal?

sudo nvram boot-args="rootless=0";sudo reboot

Hi,

But no, that doesn't work anymore - removed after Dev Beta 2 I think.

Same here.

Today, Update to EI Captian Beta 6, I find my Xcode 7 beta4 can't load Storyboard. The Xcode is down. Other swift or .h .m file can be load. Only main.storyboard cannot to be Load!

Now...Waiting for fix it.

😢

just reinstall beta5 update, it's ok,needn't reinstall beta1