Start Developing iOS apps Swift Guide Not working on Public Beta 4

I am a registered developer and have El Capitan Public Beta running on my primary machine. I've been running through the "Start Developing iOS Apps (Swift)" guide here: https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/ios/referencelibrary/GettingStarted/DevelopiOSAppsSwift/Lesson1.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40015214-CH3-SW1

Recently I decided to start from scratch and with today's update the playground for the "Learn the Essentials of Swift" is producing a Springboard error each time it's the playground is opened and will continue to pop up regardless if I select Ok or reopen.

I'm unsure how to read the crash log to even pinpoint exactly what is wrong or how to fix it since I'm learning everything.

This may help but I'm even unsure if this is a relevant part of the crash info:

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000000d8

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0xd8:

-->

__TEXT 000000010fe43000-00000001102e0000 [ 4724K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /executable_path=//Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SpringBoard

Application Specific Information:

CoreSimulator 171 - Device: iPad Air 2 - Runtime: iOS 9.0 (13A4305g) - DeviceType: iPad Air 2

Anyone able to help? I'm not sure how to even view the underlying code for the playground and even if that's possible as when I hit the assistand editor button it shows a new panel within xcode and just shows a blank. My command line tools is set to xCode 7 beta 4 and I've changed the simulator device (or attempted to) and it keeps reverting to the ipad and I mention this as one google search came up with the similator possibly throwing the error but now I'm thinking the issue is out of my hands and some code has changed with the newest update which would require the playground to be updated and if that's the case not sure who to contact or how to go about fixing that outside of a bug report.

Replies

Hey mate, I got the same issue. Super weird.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13170

Refer to the link above. There're tons of people suffering from this and a possible workaround down there.

Solution for me was in terminal:

cd /Applications/Xcode-beta.app (or wherever your Xcode 7 beta 4 is located)

cd Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform

cd Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/usr/lib

sudo mv dyld_sim dyld_sim.orig

tested it myself and it works.

This works fine for me.

Thanks