configure LDAP address book in iOS programmatically

Hello,

I have been developing an iOS and macOS application that requires me to configure an LDAP address book programmatically. I have achieved this goal in my macOS application where I created a .mobileconfig file dynamically and installed it to system preferences.

I want the same behavior for my iOS application but the .mobilconfig file I created for macOS is not working for iOS even if I add it manually.

Is there any other way to programmatically configure LDAP in iOS?

If so, Kindly help.

Regards,

Souvanik

• Hii @souvanik Can you please walkthrough on how you created the mobileconfig file programatically. I have created one using the Apple configurator and then I would need to edit this file programatically. Could you please help me here?

Add a Comment

Replies

If you create and install the profile using Apple Configurator, does that work?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello Quinn,

Thanks for your response.

I created a profile using Apple Configurator as you suggested. But when I try to install it I get an error message titled - "An error occurred while contacting the server" with a message - "The operation couldn't be completed (com.apple.accounts error 10002)"

Could you please help me understand the reason for this error and how to rectify it.

Regards,

Souvanik

Getting the configuration profile working with Apple Configurator is a critical first step. Alas, I can’t help you with that, because my organisation, Developer Technical Support, does not support configuration profiles. You’ll need to escalate this via Apple’s customer support channels.

To start, I recommend that you ask this question over in Apple Support Communities, and specifically the in Business and Education topic areas, where you’re more likely to find folks with LDAP experience.

If that doesn’t pan out, you can contact Apple Support officially.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"