Is it a good idea to use Persistent History Tracking in 2019

Just a general question. This feature has been introduced couple years ago. There is still virtually no documentation for it (all the API pages say "No overview available.") and on the same API pages, one can read a "Beta Software warning".

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coredata/nspersistenthistorychangerequest

I'm currently building my app around Persistent History Tracking and I wonder how big is the riskt of this feature to get removed from iOS 13 for example.

Did anyone have any experience with similar features in the past? Is Apple likely to drop the support sudenly?

Thanks

Accepted Reply

It's not getting removed in iOS 13. In fact, much of the new NSPersistentCloudKitContainer workflow is based on persistent history tracking. See session WWDC 2019 session 202 "Using Core Data With CloudKit" and session 230 "Making Apps with Core Data".

Replies

It's not getting removed in iOS 13. In fact, much of the new NSPersistentCloudKitContainer workflow is based on persistent history tracking. See session WWDC 2019 session 202 "Using Core Data With CloudKit" and session 230 "Making Apps with Core Data".