Apps "In Review" for long time

I used to submit games and they were reviewed within a week's time till mid-2018 but since September, my games keep going to "In Review" status and stay in that status for ever.

I did try to cancel the submission and re-submit it, but every time, it goes to "In Review" within 24 hours and stays in same status for weeks. Its been at-least a month for 1 of my app and almost 3 weeks for another.

App Id's : 1437438165 , 1435726513

Any one else also facing similar issues?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of rahianeja Down vote post of rahianeja
77k views
  • Today's date is July 3, 2022.

Apple review process is a mess. It looks like they don't have enough reviewers, or they are lazy and incompetent workers. They also don't respond if you ask them for status. This behavior is exactly what is behind legislations being forwarded in the US Senate to force Apple and Google to to open up their stores for third parties to post. (By the way unlike Apple, Google review teams work 24 hr/dy). Contact your senators/rep. it is bipartisan legislation.

• Aug 26 2022 - Currently in 21st day of waiting for a new iOS app review. Received a message saying only "We need more time'. Curiously a MacOS app was reviewed within 24 hrs - does Apple treat iOS apps and MacOS apps differently? And are upgrades treated differently from new apps? Is Apple under attack for being sole gatekeeper to the iOS platform?

• SimonKravis, not really. My iOS Game has been stuck in the review for the past 3 weeks. I worked on that game for 5-6 months and then submitted it on Appstore. It's painful, but we really can't do anything here.

Just waiting for a response from the App review team  :-(

Replies

Same situation. "In Review" on the fifth day.

I am having the same problem, this started for me around 3 weeks ago, before that everything would review really fast. Could it have something to do with WWDC, maybe they have a backlog. Althought I would think that they should be staffed well enough to no have that happen. I currently have 3 apps waiting. 1 is in Review since the 25.5.2019 and the other have been Waiting for Review for a over a week now.

If anyone at Apple has an answer for this that would be awesome!

Apple almost never replies to procedural matters here. On very rare occasions they may comment on a technical issue.

I am having the same problem, Our app have been waiting very long. Can anyone help me please?

Please!

Nobody here can help with that. You just have to be patient.

My apps usually get approval within 24 hours , but i have submitted new app which has IAP and updated for latest iOS13, first 2 updates for got approval in less than 24 hours , but this time it is long wait, its been in review for nearly 48 hours.

I hope to get approval soon

any update? I am experiencing the same issue. In review for 48 hours now

I have the same problem, 2 apps, over 5 days each. Very simple apps too. Extremely frustrating that apple aren't responding to this.

My app is 'in review' for more than 4 days

Time may vary extremely.

Some apps were "waiting for review' for just a couple of hours, other 14 days.

And after that, 'in review' lasted a few minutes up to a few days.

So, just be patient.

It's been 10 working days that I have submitted the app to appstore: with in a day app rejected for metadata ,later I have update the meta data and the app remain in InReview state for more that 8 working days. I have tried to reach the appsotre guys but did not get any proper response. Any suggestions how to overcome this situations?

Same situation here. 8+ working days

8 days is not an exceptional situation. May last 2 weeks.

Same issue. It has been stuck in review for 16 days now.