notarization throws error

This thread has been locked by a moderator.

On using notarization from command line on Mojave 10.14.5 as below:

xcrun altool --notarize-app --primary-bundle-id "" -u "***" -p "***" -f "***.zip"

The following error is observed :

To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048)

Currenlty latest XCode 10.2.1 is being used despite of that this error is observed. I am able to successfully login to developer account and itunesconnect account which does not display any contracts/agreements.

What could be missing?

Up vote post of ncel
26k views

Accepted Reply

OK, I finally manage to come up with a definitive process for resolving this problem. See Error 1048 When Notarising.

To avoid further confusion, I’m going to lock this thread and mark this answer as correct [1]. If you experience the 1048 error and can’t resolve it using the process described in my new post, please feel free to start a new thread with the Notarization tag.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

[1] Specifically, this post subsumes all the advice I’ve posted earlier on this thread.

Replies

We accepted an update to the "iOS Paid Apps" agreement and that fixed it for us.

That’s good to hear, although it shouldn’t be necessary to agree to a paid app agreement in order to notarise for the Mac. Please drop me a line via email (my address is below).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello eskimo,

I have the same issue with error 1048 when running altool to submit for notarization.

I filled a bug report (or feedback as it is now called). The number is FB6125603.

Hi eskimo, same happening for me. Posted bug-id FB6139638.

Thanks.

Hi Eskimo,

Even I have started observing the error again from last week though until the week before notarization was happening successfully.

Currently the same error is occuring : To use this application, you must first sign in to iTunes Connect and sign the relevant contracts. (1048).

I'm experiencing this issue as well after having accepted all available agreements.

Add my name to the list of those who are experiencing it. I submited a case through Apple Developer Support.

Same issue.

Bug report number FB6146358.

I submitted a Feedback too: FB6150801

Is anyone from Apple reading this?

This issue is now getting critical to me. It has been two weeks since I cannot get anything notarized.

Due to this I cannot distribute new versions of my Kernel extension.

Bugs reports does not seem to help either, still no answer from Apple about mine.

Anyone got luckier here?

Hi Quinn,

Add me to this list. Feedback ID: FB6152924

This worked on June 7th and when I tried it yesterday (automated builds), it failed. My team agent clicked all the buttons to accept the agreements. This is an enterprise developer account if that matters. (We have an enterprise and a regular account; I've just been using the Enterprise account for all my signing.)

Thanks!

(Feedback Reporter ate my first report.)

I am waiting to release a time critical application too and cannot due to the issue. Developer Support couldn't help me, but at least they got back to me. The feedback system is much slower, and I haven't gotten any response eiter.

i have the same issue. Any solution?

My feedback id is FB6154458

I am in the same boat. 😟

I'm having the same problem, feedback id: FB6159876

Please let us know if any additional steps need to be done as this issue is still observed and notarization is failing. Please find the feedback ID : FB6145276