Downgrade Catalina to Mojave

Hello everyone 🙂

A few days ago, I upgraded my macOS to 10.15 Beta. To go back, I tried to restore my Mac trought recovery mode, but when I erased the disk, I can't install macOS Mojave, but only macOS 10.15.

Is there a way to downgrade to macOS Mojave without using a Time machine backup?

Thanks for reading 🙂

Accepted Reply

Restart Mac and hold Shift-Option-⌘-R on boot, and it will install the macOS that came with your Mac

or press

Option-⌘-R

To Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac

Replies

Restart Mac and hold Shift-Option-⌘-R on boot, and it will install the macOS that came with your Mac

or press

Option-⌘-R

To Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac

Beta software is not an upgrade - you didn't make a backup (Time Machine or otherwise) before installing?

No, i didn't

Thank you! I solved! 🙂

I have the same problem under the same comtext. Tried Shift-Option-⌘-R but got error code -9000F... Seached around but didn't find any related discussion. Anyone had experience with that before? thx

Perhaps instead of shaming this person, you could be helpful?

same problems, I think its a bug from Catalina beta 2...Do you find any solutions ?

1.Command + R and format App Disk 2.Shift+Option+Command+R

Try to reset your fusion drive that should Solve your trouble with downgrading to mac mojave. Procedure can be found on apple website or this simple command will do Diskutil resetfusion This will wipe all yout data as well so make sure you are ready to lose everything... Cheers!

>having issues with the final release of Catalina and downgrading to Mojave

User-centric queries/comments such as this are perhaps best put to AppleCare's public community support forums, Apple's twitter support account and/or Apple’s YouTube Support Channel vs. risking off-topic here in DevForums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/

I have the same problem. If I do Shift-Option-⌘-R will i need to reinstall the old microsoft office products or will it keep them? We inherited the computer and no longer have the "key" if I have to reinstall. Thank you for any help.