iPhone XS Max not charging

Hello,

I installed iOS 13 beta on my iPhone XS Max successfully. Sometime and after hard usage I got a message to charge my phone.

I connected to its charger but unfortunately the phone was not charging.

I decided to reinstall the beta but this time to make it as a new phone. Unfortunatelly I had the same results.

Since the battery percentage was at 7% I decided to go back to 12.4 beta 3 successfully where my iPhone was charging properly and without any problems. It seems that there is a huge issue on the software. I reported as well as a bug.

Does anybody else faced the same issue?

Thanks

Replies

I have the exact same issue on my iPhone XS Max. I have tried the following...

• Different charger/cable combination
  • Charging directly from a Mac
  • Restore iOS 13 from DFU Mode
  • Downgrade to iOS 12.4, charge battery to 100%, and then clean restore to iOS 13
  • Reset All Settings while on iOS 13
  • Hard Reboot the phone

None of these are working. Whatever charge amount the iPhone is on when connected to a charger, is what remains after hours and hours. But to note, as GM64 stated, when downgraded back to iOS 12.4, the same charger and cables are charging the phone just fine. Another thing to note is that I have iPadOS 13 on my 4th generation iPad Pro, and that doesn't seem to suffer from this issue.

My iPhone:

iPhone XS Max

Model: MT642LL/A

Just out of interest did you try wireless charging, if so was this the same result?

Tried with a wireless charger but still doesn't charge.

Before to post here I tried all the above including wireless charging without success. I am sure that it is iOS 13 beta software issue.

I have already raised a bug report with a sysdiagnose log attached.

Any updates on this?

Unfortunately I have not any answer yet from Apple on my bug report. I hope to fix it until the next beta.

It is pitty because all the other were working OK on the phone except the charging.

Let's wait ... we cannot do anything else until then ...

Я заряжаю xs max через Belkin Boost Up Special Edition, приходиться ложить iphone несколько раз, чтобы сработал звуковой сигнал о начале процесса зарядки. Заряжается медленно. Иногда стоит на одном показателе до 20 мин.

Hi guys, the news are not good. After installed the ios 13 beta 2 on my device (iphone xs max 512) from DFU mode (which means clean install) the problem of not charging remains. I raised a new bug and I hope to fix it. IT IS A VERY SERIOUS ERROR!!!

For the moment I restored back to 12.4 and now my phone is charging properly!!!

Hi, does anybody else facing the same issue of charging (my phone is XS Max 512Gb), after installed eithe ios 13 beta 1 or 2?

If someone with the same model succeed to charge please let me know.

Thanks

I didn't have this problem for iOS 13 beta 1 and 2; XS Max 512G

Possibly it’s a model issue? In any case it seems to be a soft issue since with iOS 12.4 is charging without any problem.

Did you guys tried turning off the new "Optimised Battery Charging" option in the Battery settings?

Yes and as well the option of USB accessories, but nothing changed.

marlon24 said he used a

--Belkin Boost Up Special Edition wireless charger -- To save time here was his translation

"I charge xs max via Belkin Boost Up Special Edition, I have to lay down the iphone several times to make the beep sound to start the charging process. Charges slowly. Sometimes it costs up to 20 minutes on one indicator."

---------------

I had planed to use that iphone but installed on a iPhone x for now.

Did anyone note the input charging current to see if ANY extra power migh be going to the battery and the software is just not recording the charging.

My Belkin wireless charger does make the phone a little warmer but may be good idea to note any extra heat.

I guess the chargers people have tried at least hold the charge level because if NO power is going in and it is battery only migh be best to stop testing.

My XS Max has both options On, but sometimes it stays on the same percentage for hours in the car's wireless charger then slowly charges, but to max. 85%. It always fully charges overnight on the wireless charger.