iCloud photos on Catalina

Having no luck in getting iCloud photos to sync on Catalina. They sync between iOS 13 devices OK, but Photos on MacOS is just showing either "Updating" or "Analyzing Library"

Filing a radar about it, and figure its a known issue but anyone else seeing the same? p

Replies

I just posted on a different thread but same problem so far but it's trying to re-download 35K images because it thinks the whole library is out of sync. I'll let it go for another day. Sometimes during these betas I have to start over with a new library (delete library, reboot, empty trash, start photos).

Yeah same here, Reported it on the feedback report

I am having the same problem. Tried restoring the Library to an earlier TimeCapsule version, but still stuck updating/analyzing; and more recent photos in iCloud will not sync with Mac Photos

If anyone comes across a fix, LMK

Thanks

WHen I upgraded to Catalina, I was able to migrate my old photo library (with some work), but syncing with iCloud did not work. Mac Photo seemed forever stuck on downlading. My solution was to create a new system library. As soon as I did this. iCloud Photos immedately began to sync with photos on my iPad and iPhone. Not sure why the old library would not sync but I casn still access it...it just won't be the designated system library

Hope this works for others

Saw the same issue but also noticed that both cloudd and apsd were spiking in there cpu usage. In the console logs lots of re-tries going on between apsd and secd. Looks related to some weird attemp to sync ios based apps icloud docs to icloud drive. I had to kill cloudd and apsd to allow the rest of the O.S to play catchup. Now all is ok. May not work for you but I definitely suspect its a known issue.

Same Problem here. Photo start syncing (22,000 photos) and now stuck for days ath 13,000 and sync seems to stuck. Photos, made with iPhone or ipad do not appear in photos on mac, because sync crashed or is hanging...

Any idea or help for a workaround ?

I have the same problem , and I have an iMac and a Macbook Pro both having the same exact issues on MacOS 10.15. However I do not think it's just a computer issue, my iPhone does not sync either on iOS 13. So whatever device got a photo added, is the only device you will ever see that photo on...which really *****!

Same issue here. Even with the latest public beta, it is not working. It is stuck at "Updating 2 items".

I have the same issue. Even on the release version.

The same after the latest update.

Is there any fix?

Same here with official Catalina installer

Same problem in the final public release. I've re-created the photo library from scratch already and have still experienced the same problem.

Yeah, I have the same problem...

Same here. Good to know it's not on my side

The same problem here!