CarPlay side-by-side apps not available yet?

Installed iOS 13 on my iPhone XS and went for a drive in my car. CarPlay is defintely updated as the dock looks completely different now as well as maps look and feel is better. Howerver, I am unable to figure out how to get side-by-side apps working as they showed in the keynote. My guess is that it isn't quite available in this first build. Really hoping it doesn't require a more extreme aspect ratio screen as they showed in the keynote vs a more normal 16:9 that my car has. Has anyone else tried out the new carplay and if so, have you been able to see the side-by-side apps?

Accepted Reply

Works without a problem for me. Did you try pressing the button in the left buttom corner?

Replies

Works without a problem for me. Did you try pressing the button in the left buttom corner?

This only shows the grid of apps available. selecting a new app replaces the currently displayed app, instead of letting them run side-by-side

Works for me. Just make sure you are tapping in that area where the "Home" button used to be.

sorry you were indeed correct. I had hit that button but it only brought up the app list. hitting it again allowed for side-by-side apps. Thanks for the help!

you are correct! I had thought that it just opened the app list, but hitting it again allowed for side-by-side. Thanks!

In my CarPlay the side-by-side apps seem to be limited to the Map on the left side and on the right side at top are MAp destination Home and Work, and bottom of the screen is Music with controls for playback. I don't think I can change the apps or positions.