El Capitan beta 6 + Xcode

El Capitan beta 6 broke my two Xcode, 6.4 and 7.

Someone with the same problem?

I'll reinstall both.

Accepted Reply

The supported way to disable System Integrity Protection in those cases where it's truly necessary is to boot into the Recovery partition and turn System Integrity Protection off from there with the csrutil tool.

$ csrutil

usage: csrutil <command>

Modify the System Integrity Protection configuration. All configuration changes apply to the entire machine.

Available commands:

disable

Disable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

enable

Enable the protection on the machine. Requires a reboot.

status

Display the current configuration.

The kext-dev-mode and rootless boot-args are being removed from OS X El Capitan and will no longer work.

--gc

Replies

Same here. Springboard quit on simulator launch. Send a bugreport to Apple. I have try to completely remove and reinstall all xcode components without success. I'm rolling back to 10.11 beta 5 using TM.

Таже самая проблема на OSX beta 6 - 10.11 (15A244d).

Проблема кроется в отображении storyboard файлов в обеих версиях Xcode 6.4 и 7.0 beta 4 (7A165t). При открытии storyboard Xcode 6.4 падает, а 7 зависает намертво.

The exact same problem on OSX beta 6 - 10.11 (15A244d).

The problem lies in the storyboard display files in both versions of Xcode 6.4 and 7.0 beta 4 (7A165t). When you open a storyboard Xcode 6.4 falls, and 7 freezes hard.

Add me to this list. Since download the lastest updates this morning, xcode has been rendered useless. Totally crashed out.

I guess this means we can't expect a fix earlier than the next beta, which is probably two weeks away.

Somehow i have a feeling that they won't fix 6.4 for the final version of 10.11.

Lets see if there are an new XCode 7 beta that wont crash. Else it is VMWare with Yosemite. (Personaly I like Parallels more, but their stuff doesnt work with el'Capitan beta - ruleing them out.)

Enough with the silly excuses. This is a developer beta, used for testing development of both OS X and iOS future SDKs, yet neither production stable or unstable developer tools cannot run on it.

This is a joke on Apple's part, but their QC issues have been a joke for a while now. A sad joke.

In case the moderators won't approve my last reply that contained a link to the delta, here's a new reply with just the workaround:

You can work around the issue by reinstalling the El Cap beta 5 delta.

Locating the delta is an exercise for the reader, but I found it by searching Twitter for "xcode 6 el capitan beta 6".

It might help if people also filed bugs.

Works like a charm!

You can reinstall Beta 5 by downloading and running the following directly from Apple's CDN. This can be done over Beta 6 without loss of data (you lose sound but disabling SIP from Recovery Mode may bring that back):

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/43/22/031-29032/71ihp9c54k547fvol25w5g85z9323gqwnr/OSXUpd10.11.pkg

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/43/22/031-29032/71ihp9c54k547fvol25w5g85z9323gqwnr/FirmwareUpdate.pkg

Run the FirmwareUpdate.pkg first

Anyone know what the FirmwareUpdate package does? I only ran the OSX update package, and everything seems fine so far.

You can dupe rdar://22133581

I did that, and xcode works, but now the sound not work

Having the same issue, no sound.

@juliorr did you do the firmware update AND the OS X update, or just the OS X update (like I did)?

Personaly i partitioned my mac with a 25gb only for yosemite and installed xcode 6.4 there . back to normal. only problem have to switch between both OS