Notarization: "The contents of the bundle at dmg.dmg/app.app/Contents/MacOS/app could not be extracted"

Since May 30 I have everytime gotten "Archive contains critical validation errors" with message "The contents of the bundle at dmg.dmg/app.app/Contents/MacOS/app could not be extracted". I tried to notarize even brand-new template app for macOS and got the same issue. Before May 30 notarization worked for me in a proper way.

Any ideas what can be wrong? Has anybody already faced with such kind of issue?

Replies

I just tried notarising a simple app built from a template and it’s working for me. What version of macOS and Xcode are you using? Oh, and are you using the Xcode workflow or the command-line workflow?

I’m using macOS 10.14.5, Xcode 10.2.1, and the Xcode workflow.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for your reply, eskimo.

Unfortunately, for me it's still the same:

{
  "logFormatVersion": 1,
  "jobId": "<#jobId#>",
  "status": "Invalid",
  "statusSummary": "Archive contains critical validation errors",
  "statusCode": 4000,
  "archiveFilename": "MyApp.zip",
  "uploadDate": "2019-06-02T18:06:10Z",
  "sha256": "<#sha256#>",
  "ticketContents": null,
  "issues": [
  {
  "severity": "error",
  "code": null,
  "path": "MyApp.zip/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp",
  "message": "The contents of the bundle at MyApp.zip/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp could not be extracted.",
  "docUrl": null,
  "architecture": null
  }
  ]
}

I'm using macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and Xcode 10.2.1. I wrote script for notarization using command-line workflow. And all worked fine before May 30.

… using command-line workflow.

My next step would be to look at the

.zip
you actually submitted. However, I can’t do that in the context of DevForums. If you are going to be at WWDC, you should come by lab and I’ll take a look there. If not, my recommendation is that you open a DTS tech support incident and I’ll pick that up after the conference.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

Thanks for your responce, eskimo

Unfortunately, I won't visit WWDC this year.

I got reply on my ticket from Apple Developer Program Support. James asked me for more details. I sent him my test project and signed app. Hope he'll help me with this problem.

James suggested me the same as you, eskimo . So requested Code-Level Support.

Thanks.

We have faced the same issue with our team and as far as I understand it's certificate-related problem. I have created a test empty project and depending on the sertificate I use to codesign it – the notarisation process is successful or fails. I'll write back if there will be any progress on this issue.

Thanks!

Have you raised a DTS? What was the conclusion?

What was the conclusion?

The problem here is that this specific symptom can map to a wide variety of causes. My suggestion is that you open your own DTS tech support incident and we can take a look.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple